Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:20:00 AM

Author Topic: Bridgeport Knee Mill Conversion?  (Read 269142 times)

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgeport Knee Mill Conversion?
« Reply #700 on: February 02, 2018, 10:49:59 AM »
Hmm, tried that and it just made the model disappear - saved nothing.

Now Fusion is crashed again, I dont think its a "Fusion" day today, the servers are down and the app just refuses to work offline.

I will look tonight if servers are back up
« Reply #701 on: February 02, 2018, 05:57:21 PM »
Hi

it does .step or .iges not .stl

Also the fusion servers are down now, cant export so will try later if either of those types are usable??

This is why I don't want any of my machining stuff in the cloud.
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 03, 2018, 02:52:56 AM »
That is my one big 'grind' as well, i dislike the cloud a lot, but if it means i get to play with stuff like Fusion 360 for nothing then i'll have to suck it up ;)

I'll try when i get back in later today
Dave
« Reply #703 on: February 03, 2018, 09:32:22 AM »
IIRC there used to be a way to keep your data local to your PC but it is been a long time since I looked.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 03, 2018, 10:34:25 AM »
Here we go, should be .stl :)

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: February 04, 2018, 06:57:39 AM »
here we go.
that is was Estlcam did, in two different strategy's.

Thomas
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 10, 2018, 08:38:26 AM »
Very educational day :) Made my first assembly of parts designed and cam'ed by myself in Fusion and run on my Bridgeport CNC :)

Lots of errors of course, all spotted before running, mostly WCS choices but all easily corrected and parts made without a hint of damage to the old girl ;)

I can easily say that the powered knee axis taking tool length comp is brilliant, transforms the machine. Also the custom file load code works flawlessly in taking out the G43 lines.

An added bonus I discovered is that I do not need to call T100 when setting my height probe - any tool can be in the system and it still works! This seems to be because my knee routine reads the tool table directly for T100 length I think, whatever the reason, this is a major boost as forgetting to set the height for the probe was dangerous before :)

BUT (always a but) I'm getting the blasted ePid errors again, every single time i move an axis manually, any axis, while in the M6 loop - its the M6end code that triggers it, ANY code in M6end and it's ePid time :(

This is serious as it messes up the knee positioning routine a bit and also is just not right so needs fixing.

Now, I could put the TLC code back in the M6start BUT that can be dodgy as if going from long to short tools, the knee will come UP before you have a chance to pull the old tool out = crash possibility. As i have it now, the machine stops, you change tools and then the knee moves.

SO, i must fine a way to fix the ePid faults - any ideas guys??

I'm running Mach 062 BTW, very loathe of trying other versions as i cant risk upsetting rigid tapping etc which works ok.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 10, 2018, 11:10:05 AM »
Hello,
had the same thing with this ePid fault.

i can see you are using CSLAB as well.

here the original answer from CSLAB as i went into this ePid Thing:

--- This fault can be activated by:
---  Bad Mach3 version. Bersions newer that 03.043.045 of Mach3 can cause ePID fault.
--- We recommend to use versions of Mach3 03.043.022 to 03.043.044. We always use 03.043.022 version as it's the most reliable in our opinion.

regards Tom

PS i "downgraded" to 03.043.022 and the ePid Thing is gone

i have written this a couple of sides earlier, i am running now without this epid Errors.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #708 on: February 10, 2018, 11:10:31 AM »
great thread Dave, been following with interest.  my knee mill has a bad control which I hope to get going with either mach or uccnc this spring when the garage thaws out.  just a comment which I hope will be helpful.  mine is a 10 x 50 acra mill with square ways, and it rapids at 70 ipm.  when I bought it, it was at 100 ipm, but I had some control issues and slowing it helped.  thought yours was moving slower than this, just a little input to help.  fwiw, mine has a rolled ballscrew driving the knee, with a pulley and belt where the knee handle would go.  worked great.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 10, 2018, 11:16:16 AM »
Hello,
had the same thing with this ePid fault.

i can see you are using CSLAB as well.

here the original answer from CSLAB as i went into this ePid Thing:

--- This fault can be activated by:
---  Bad Mach3 version. Bersions newer that 03.043.045 of Mach3 can cause ePID fault.
--- We recommend to use versions of Mach3 03.043.022 to 03.043.044. We always use 03.043.022 version as it's the most reliable in our opinion.

regards Tom

PS i "downgraded" to 03.043.022 and the ePid Thing is gone

i have written this a couple of sides earlier, i am running now without this epid Errors.

Thanks, does it work ok with CS's rigid tapping routine?