Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:55:22 AM

Author Topic: Bridgeport Knee Mill Conversion?  (Read 269122 times)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: Bridgeport Knee Mill Conversion?
« Reply #440 on: September 04, 2016, 03:48:48 AM »
NO - really? LOL - work with me here Dave. What does it ACTUALLY do? Does it turn a light on? ring a bell? make the tea? What is ACTUALLY achieved by flipping bit 5 on or off?

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 04, 2016, 03:52:03 AM »
Ahh, apologies, my misunderstanding.

That output merely flips a relay that controls which panel button LED's are lit - run, stop, hold, spindle etc :)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #442 on: September 04, 2016, 04:27:52 AM »
OK - not quite the exact answer I was looking for but anyway - so it doesn't actually do anything FUNCTIONAL - it's purely cosmetic. Is that correct?

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 04, 2016, 04:30:24 AM »
Definitely cosmetic, just a bell and whistle ;)

The code was taken from CS-Labs website.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #444 on: September 04, 2016, 05:01:54 AM »
OK - moving on.

Taking out the chaf from your macropump code it resolves to the one single functional line of:

SetOemDRO 803, GetUserDRO(1502)/60.06041

I'm assuming that user DRO 1502 is updated somehow to contain the real time position (in encoder position) of the slider. Is that correct?

So FUNCTIONALLY, all the macropump code does is divide that by your scaling value and pop it into the A axis DRO.

Moving on to your button macro. Again, removing all the chaf, all it does is copy the A axis DRO into the tool table for a given tool.

So, if we (for the time being) fix it to tool 1. Your button code can be resolved to 1 line:

SetToolParam 1, 2, GetOEMDRO(803)

So use these two one liners for your macropump code and for your button code.

Then do your tool slider thing, press the button and then manually open the tool table and get back with the results.

Oh - one more question:

In post #411 Hood said:

And then I also have the zero button which just pulses the Index input on the Enc module.

What does "pulsing the Index input" actually do?
Why does Hood do it?
I don't see anywhere where you do it?

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 04, 2016, 05:35:29 AM »
ok, yes you are correct, DRO 1502 is a CS-LABS DRO, i guess its really the internal register where the encoder count is stored, you can view it on screen as a counter that goes up/down with movement of the encoder - having it as a DRO allows us mere mortals to do stuff with the numbers :)

The index pulse starts the counter in the CSMIO-ENC module, unless it is pulsed low after mach is running the counter does nothing, it is supposed to be the index pulse from the encoder so it resets every revolution.

I have tested this and it seems it only needs to go low ONCE every time Mach comes out of reset AND it can be held low all the time so is an edge trigger - this makes it really simple to implement automatically from Mach3 without buttons.

It does not seem to actually reset the count unless Mach goes into reset first then out then pulse the index low - this causes a counter reset, I don't know if Hood's version does or if this is normal?

Now, if the setter is not at zero when you reset it, you get negative readings which of course is bad, very bad as the tool length with be a mile off.

I just ensure the setter is at ref before getting going, in reality it never moves unless i move it.

I will try your code cut-downs and see what happens.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 04, 2016, 08:25:45 AM »
OK - moving on.

Taking out the chaf from your macropump code it resolves to the one single functional line of:

SetOemDRO 803, GetUserDRO(1502)/60.06041

I'm assuming that user DRO 1502 is updated somehow to contain the real time position (in encoder position) of the slider. Is that correct?

So FUNCTIONALLY, all the macropump code does is divide that by your scaling value and pop it into the A axis DRO.

Moving on to your button macro. Again, removing all the chaf, all it does is copy the A axis DRO into the tool table for a given tool.

So, if we (for the time being) fix it to tool 1. Your button code can be resolved to 1 line:

SetToolParam 1, 2, GetOEMDRO(803)

So use these two one liners for your macropump code and for your button code.

Then do your tool slider thing, press the button and then manually open the tool table and get back with the results.

Oh - one more question:

In post #411 Hood said:

And then I also have the zero button which just pulses the Index input on the Enc module.

What does "pulsing the Index input" actually do?
Why does Hood do it?
I don't see anywhere where you do it?

OK, Done and it seems to work ok, I still have to press stop before the macro will run again though.

Now what :)

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 04, 2016, 08:38:07 AM »
The setter is working ok, but something is upsetting macro operation, it will not do a manual or code M6 and it will not go to park position which is also macro controlled on the 2010 screen set.

???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 04, 2016, 08:57:40 AM »
Test with a default screen, maybe the 2010 screen does something which upsets things. Maybe it is even just the fact you are using an axis DRO but loading the default screen will let you know whether the screen is the issue or not.
Hood

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 04, 2016, 09:10:28 AM »
done - loaded 1024 set.

it thinks macros are running because if i MDI a macro call, nothing happens BUT if you then press STOP you get the message "Esc Or Stop Pressed, terminating macro script..."

The tool setter macro works ok but that has no axes motion - it seems that it affects only macros calling motion??

MDI'd G-Code works ok
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 09:12:14 AM by Davek0974 »