Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:56:12 AM

Author Topic: Physical buttons for plasma  (Read 154319 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Physical buttons for plasma
« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2016, 12:24:57 PM »
ANti corner dive in Mach3 has an On/OFF control AND you can set teh level at which it kicks in as a percent of feedrate. IF you set teh level at 80% then when teh Combined Vel in Mach3 slows to a level of 80% of teh called feedrate it should LOCK out the thcdown motion. When the Comb Vel gets back above 80% it releases teh lockout and THCdown can work again.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 04, 2016, 12:27:10 PM »
ANti corner dive in Mach3 has an On/OFF control AND you can set teh level at which it kicks in as a percent of feedrate. IF you set teh level at 80% then when teh Combined Vel in Mach3 slows to a level of 80% of teh called feedrate it should LOCK out the thcdown motion. When the Comb Vel gets back above 80% it releases teh lockout and THCdown can work again.

Ok that is fine, the MiniTHC has an input to lock the THC, so that could easily be connected via the AntiCorner Dive I think :)
Hood
« Reply #202 on: February 04, 2016, 12:48:37 PM »

Ok that is fine, the MiniTHC has an input to lock the THC, so that could easily be connected via the AntiCorner Dive I think :)
Hood

But I don't think you can programme an anti-dive output within Mach can you.... It's all an internal fiction that a plugin can tap into is it not.

If anti-dive can be tied to an output ...here to learn please....

Guess it could be via macropump or brains.... But is that not too slow, hence you want it controlled in the motion controller via mach3 40hz fast loop?

Given if you were cutting a square say, the blended velocity will change maybe below the 80% feedrate at the corners or if you use fishtails (or whatever the correct term is)
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 04, 2016, 12:51:38 PM »
Now, if you could come up with a device that eliminated start and end divots, I would buy it ;)

These are by far the most annoying part of plasma for me, seems whatever i try, and i have tried hundreds of combinations, nothing seems to get rid of them, plus it seems you need different settings for inside and outside starts/ends - total PITA :)

I have my Mach Anti-dive set at 95% and the CandCNC Tip-saver set at 2% they seem to play well together, still not got a reply on the CandCNC forum D'0h!
« Reply #204 on: February 04, 2016, 12:53:20 PM »
Dave how are you controlling THC?

Is it via mcode?.... Or what?
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #205 on: February 04, 2016, 12:58:56 PM »
Dave,

Divot at the end, you could try using m10px and m11px to turn your torch on and off, and change your post processor to extend your torch travel a little.... So the machine motion does not slow down before the torch goes off.

Divot at the start.... Sorry you are stuck there unless you can pierce in the waste (hole centre, out of the part or art in your case.... Nice website must say)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 01:01:11 PM by robertspark »
Rob

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 04, 2016, 01:02:57 PM »
Dave how are you controlling THC?

Is it via mcode?.... Or what?

Hi

Yes, sort of.

Its a CandCNC MP3000-DTHC2 so has the ability to set THC via the CAM, I set everything in SheetCam - Volts, Pierce delay, THC on/off, THC delay etc.

I use Sheetcam rules to turn the THC on/off on corners but since setting my anti-dive and tip-saver i might stop this and see what happens.

The MP3000 has its own cpu and talks to Mach via the serial port, when you load a code file the settings are sent through to the THC and stored there.

I use the M10p/M11p (?) codes to turn the torch on and off and none of the THC commands cause any pauses in motion.
« Reply #207 on: February 04, 2016, 01:10:02 PM »
Have you looked at the sheetcam post processor and had a go at tweaking the m11p and m10p (10=off, 11=on)... As they only function if a motion movement is present (g01 for example) so most people use a phantom axis... You could change this to a real movement to extent the last movement by say 20mm (or something that works), so the machine does not slow down the feedrate to zero and then turn the torch off
Rob

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #208 on: February 04, 2016, 01:13:42 PM »

Hood

See this is what happens when we're sloppy with terms.

Remember Hood that you're using the CSMIO. Anti-dive in "Mach" is like all the other THC functionality, it's in the Parallel Port driver/pulsing engine. How it works and how it's configured is completely irrelevant to you. You need to find out how the CSMIO (anti-dive in this case) works and is configured and what (if any) external signals or control functions it has.

Remember this has NOTHING to do with Mach or the plugin that allows Mach to communicate with the CSMIO. All and any THC functionality will be in the CSMIO's firmware. It's THAT you need to find out about.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 04, 2016, 01:24:36 PM »
Dave,

Divot at the end, you could try using m10px and m11px to turn your torch on and off, and change your post processor to extend your torch travel a little.... So the machine motion does not slow down before the torch goes off.

Divot at the start.... Sorry you are stuck there unless you can pierce in the waste (hole centre, out of the part or art in your case.... Nice website must say)

I have spent days messing with combinations of torch off early, lead-in, lead-out, over-burn, and so on. I can get it pretty good i think but there is no online library of divots (yeah i know, it's hard to believe) to compare results with so what i get may indeed be really good or totally carp. I have many threads on many forums and no real results apart form my bog-standard go-to of 4mm perpendicular lead-in with no over-burn and 2mm arc lead-out. Trouble is with all the combinations of settings available there are thousands of things to try, most of which are useless ;)