Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:33:09 AM

Author Topic: Physical buttons for plasma  (Read 154337 times)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: Physical buttons for plasma
« Reply #190 on: February 04, 2016, 11:45:15 AM »
Ah OK - that is NOT anti-corner-dive, that's kerf crossing.

EDIT: I thought it was a bit strange when you said it did anti-dive. That's usually (always?) done in the controller because it knows about feedrate. Kerf crossing is done (as it is here) in the THC because IT knows about "out of character" voltage changes.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:49:22 AM by stirling »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 04, 2016, 11:58:08 AM »
Ok I presumed the UP/Dn commands were actually Mach telling the plugin but if it is totally internal to the plugin and it is the plugin that updates Mach then that is good :) Should make things faster than I was envisaging.

Hood
« Reply #192 on: February 04, 2016, 12:04:17 PM »
Which plugin?    ...confused....

Thought the discussion was regarding the minithc from po-mo...

And the option of controlling a servo directly (up/dn) or back to the cismo .... Which will output step and direct to the servo... Kind of forwarding the THCUp or THCDn provided the THCOK is also present.
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 04, 2016, 12:07:29 PM »
I call that anti gap dive and yes it HAS to be controlled at teh THC level as it kows what teh voltage levels are.  Anti corner dive is a setting controlled from Mach3 BUT in the case of an outside controller the controller has to actually monitor teh process(Mix Vel) and restrict ONLY THCdown not up.

It is always much better IF you can controll all teh THC functions from Mach3 instead of manually setting teh THC values.  This makes it easy to base you cutting parameters based on material cut.

You can use Mach3 tool table to store and update values at program load . Then in your Cam you base your materials on tool# THAT works very well.

And that brings up CAM. I normally use SheetCam as it has been developed with plasma in mind not as an after thought.  Very adaptable to ANY plasma needs.

(;-) TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 04, 2016, 12:16:12 PM »
Which plugin?    ...confused....

Thought the discussion was regarding the minithc from po-mo...

And the option of controlling a servo directly (up/dn) or back to the cismo .... Which will output step and direct to the servo... Kind of forwarding the THCUp or THCDn provided the THCOK is also present.

I was talking about the CSMIO plugin as that is what I will be using as the motion controller.
Whether I end up making the Z totally stand alone (unlikely at this stage) or via Mach/CSMIO/MiniTHC (most likely) I am not sure.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2016, 12:17:13 PM »
Anti corner dive is a setting controlled from Mach3

Is that a simple ON/OFF signal?

Hood
« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2016, 12:18:03 PM »
The latter is the bog standard
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2016, 12:20:31 PM »
The actual THC up/down with an outside controller is controlled at teh Controller itself NOT mach3  > IF you tried to let Mach3 do it it would be MUCH too slow.

NOW a GOOD THC controller has a screen interface that allows teh OP to setup teh THC control parameters ON SCREEN.

In the case of the CSMIO "IF" the internal controls of the THC are  done correctly it would be perfect.  

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2016, 12:21:53 PM »
Yes I know but I will most likely do the TouchOff external to Mach and use the drives Homing procedure.
Through time I will likely experiment and maybe have Mach control the Z and THC control the UP/Dn externally or maybe even go the whole hog and have the THC and Servo drive totally control the Z Axis.

Hood

Edit, this reply was to Rob, should have quoted ::)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2016, 12:23:57 PM »
The actual THC up/down with an outside controller is controlled at teh Controller itself NOT mach3  > IF you tried to let Mach3 do it it would be MUCH too slow.

NOW a GOOD THC controller has a screen interface that allows teh OP to setup teh THC control parameters ON SCREEN.

In the case of the CSMIO "IF" the internal controls of the THC are  done correctly it would be perfect.   
The Mini THC has a screen that you can alter voltage, delay and AntiDive, again how it performs in real life only time will tell.
Hood