Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:46:20 AM

Author Topic: return to 0, TOO fast  (Read 2118 times)

return to 0, TOO fast
« on: April 22, 2017, 06:35:17 AM »
 ??? Hi there,

I am running Mach3 via a USB break-outcard under windows10. Great and very stable, no problems so far (since about 4 months)

I needed a slave axis to support my X-axis. The portal is about 700 mm wide and 2000 mm long, so one axis on it's own didn't do the work good enough. I installed the second axis (A-Axis), made sure the steps an speed are exactly equal including the acc/de-acc. I use the same drivercards, the same stepperengines.

I defined the speed in motortuning on 5000. So in my perception the MX speed the engines can run are 5000 mm a minute. Everything works well, untill i give the command return to zero. The engines are running so fast the system jams. Off course i can adjust the the acc/de-acc settings, but how do i adjust the max speed returning to home ?? In my softlimits i adjusted the speed to max 25%.

A second question, if i give the command "set steps per unit"  the a and X axis do not run simultaneously, in a normal millingjob they work 100% correct. What to do ??

Kind regards

Fred

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: return to 0, TOO fast
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 07:11:59 AM »
Reduce the Velocity (in motor tuning) for each axis from 5000 to 4000, save the changes and see if that works OK. If it still causes problems then reduce Velocity further. You may also need to reduce Acceleration (10% of the Velocity figure is a good starting place).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 10:52:13 AM »
Thank you Tweaky,

By 10 percent of the figure, do you mean if the max velocity is 5000 to put the acc/de-acc on 500 ??

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 01:05:05 AM »
Yes.

It is just a starting place for Acceleration which works (for low mass axes it can of course be increased considerably but start the testing at the minimum figure).
As a guide, Velocity should be the maximum that works reduced by 30%.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 06:29:37 AM »
Thanx, this gives me a good startingpoint. I will fiddle around this afternoon and will try a lot of different values. I am sure i will have figured it out before end off the day.