Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:05:05 AM

Author Topic: Problems threading on the lathe  (Read 432285 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Problems threading on the lathe
« Reply #400 on: June 02, 2009, 11:22:58 AM »
Hi, Art

Hear are 3 pic's, First is my cpu with puls ferq issues it seems to thread and not have issues, the other cpu still has issues.

I think I finally have my comp 5 OPTO's working now, 100 slot disk, Both cpu's will not pickup index slot with spindle speed at 250 rpm but will

pickup and calculate the 100 slot numbers value at spindle slow down to stop when it's turned off (spinning down).

(original small index slot on disk). It may be the index opto at fault, The timing opto picks up and triggers at 250 rpm and faster.

Anyway to make the index pulse pickup the smaller slot width the way the timing slot dose on your end.?

Chip
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:21:29 PM by Chip »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 02, 2009, 12:33:33 PM »
Chip:

Sounds like a defective opto or setting of sensitivity. There's no way to fix that, it should trigger on every index, and it shoud be at least teh same size as your timing input slots..

Art

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 02, 2009, 10:30:34 PM »
Hi, Art

The previous Indexing code needed a very large window to allow Mach to see the change of state of the index pulses.

Was just checking that, In fact this new way of getting Index and Timing values are the same in Scope/Code structure now gathering the Data.

As I stated in previous Post, "Hear are 3 pic's, First is my cpu with puls ferq issues it seam's to thread and not have issues".

( The snap shot was taken with a cut in progress and with a Stable Pulse Freq. During the Scope Data gathering  Time ).
( Simulated, Signal Source is a 555 timer for "Timing" with a Divide by 10 Decade Counter/Divider (MC14017BCP) IC used, Both computers sharing the same Data.

The Index Base RPM, Threading Lock RPM and Slot Base RPM are the Same and quite stable on this computer.

"the other cpu still has issues." Pic's 2 & 3. With the Main PCI time base being Large and the Scope readings off Scale as before, But you can see the "10"  Number of Slot's & Index Base RPM's are consistent & the Same on Both Computer's.

As you know all this information takes allot of time to gather and keeping it sorted out, So please let me know if it doesn't make Sense.

More to follow in a Bit, A comparison with Index/Timing pin's set the Same.

Edit: Well as usually happens, Had 2 "Comp. 5" opto's sensor's to test with, ( Go figure,  "Art" ), It dose appear to be an issue with the "Index" opto's.
( Digging the potting compound out to see what "Emco" did to make them so different in response Time ).

Any way for the computer that threading works with (Pic 1), The values are very close if not write on the money, Other computer, (Pic 2) is still not threading and showing bad data,

If I can find the other MC14017 chip's buried on my desk, I'll do some 100 to 1 comparisons with the 100 slot disk on the Compact 5 while I find another couple of opto's, If the Digging isn't a Success, Eating some "Chile" to see if I can make the Heartburn Worse.

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 01:19:49 AM by Chip »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 03, 2009, 07:53:17 AM »
Hi Chip:

Thx for the readings. Id say you can ignore the "funny timing" computer at this point. Its numbers seem fine.
The other one I can see is due as you say to "large" numbers being seen. Ill reduce them in next version.
The only question I have is if the Scope @Sample# reading is always 0 on that minimum number..

I dont know whats up with the EMCO opto's.. I dont have one for my emco, I used my own in the end.
So let me know if the @Sample# seems to always read 0 in the minmum DRO, and other that that Id wait for next version,
I think its about done, but the timing will have to be reduced further to fit computers with your very high timing base..

Thx
Art

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 03, 2009, 06:12:56 PM »
Hi, Art

The @Sample# Min reading is Not always 0, In fact threading is actually working today.

Hears 3 more Pic's.

Chip

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 03, 2009, 07:19:07 PM »
Hi Chip:

Ahh, I think I see why the scope screws up.. Try this plugin..

Art

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 03, 2009, 09:41:48 PM »
Hi, Art

Getting Wrong version error, Should there be a new sys file with it.

Chip
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 09:52:12 PM by Chip »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 03, 2009, 10:25:38 PM »
Chip:

Sorry, this one shoudl work...

Art

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 03, 2009, 10:46:29 PM »
Hi, Art

That may do it, The Slot Based & Thread Lock RPM show high compared to Index Bash RPM and not like my other computer.

It seems to cycle through 3 or so states, I'm trying to sort it out and get some good pic's of this to post.

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 01:04:49 AM by Chip »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 04, 2009, 03:09:26 AM »
Hi, Art

Scope seam's good so far, Would you set it to stay on Top in next revision also, Please.

The fast PCI computer, With Number of Slot's at "10", shows proper spindle RPM, With Number of Slot's at "1", It shows Incorrect spindle RPM, Also note Slot & Threading Data info.

Almost There.  :D

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 03:18:02 AM by Chip »