Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:01:51 AM

Author Topic: Problems threading on the lathe  (Read 434142 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Problems threading on the lathe
« Reply #340 on: May 24, 2009, 01:33:36 PM »
Take a look at the description of the different plug-ins on the Warp site. May just be plug-in version
problem.

RICH
« Reply #341 on: May 24, 2009, 04:36:51 PM »
I am running the latest plugin and they older one I have doesnt support threading .
I did pull the SS board form the mill and installed it in the lathe . When I booted the computer the found new hardware wizard popped up , even though the SS driver was already installed. Ran the hardware wizard .

Launched Mach and a message poped up stating a SS with a diff serial number was detected , clicked OK .

I do notice the LED array is lighted diff on this SS than the other one, unsure if this earlier board is different or not. They were ordered about 7 mionths apart.  Will be running the lathe for 6-7 ,ore hours today USB gods permitting
« Reply #342 on: May 24, 2009, 04:37:53 PM »
Well never mind , system froze while I was typing the message above

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 24, 2009, 04:55:17 PM »
Ok so that proves its not the SS itself then, is there any chance you can swap computers now?
Hood
« Reply #344 on: May 24, 2009, 05:07:52 PM »
It looks like the red light on the SS goes out when the system freezes.

No they are both heavily integrated into the machines, no way to pull them out and swap easily

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: May 24, 2009, 05:11:53 PM »
Sounds like a format is on the cards then :( Could try saving your xml and macro folder and then deleting the Mach directory, reinstalling Mach then replacing the xml and macros folder.
Hood
« Reply #346 on: May 24, 2009, 05:18:56 PM »
Is that all I need to save, Macro folder, oiler brain and XML file?

I dont mind starting over if its fairly simple. In saving the above files will all my config data, ports and pins motor tuning etc be saved and allow me to set things up fairly rapidly?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 24, 2009, 05:21:22 PM »
xml has all ports and pins data etc, macro folder contains macros and also tool tables etc If you have custom screens then you need to save that also.
Hood
« Reply #348 on: May 24, 2009, 06:55:20 PM »
Uninstalled mach , deleted folder and all contents. Reloaded the latest version of mach, plugged in smooth stepper , installed its driver , loaded the plugin for ss and the screenset.

Launched mach and all appeared fine , cycled thru first part and aprox 2 minutes into second part and once again lost comm with SS .  Now instead of mach freezing up I get the message that comm is lost .  Spindle motor continues to turn , but at 80 rpm , instead of the 1600 it was running when freeze, coolant still on.  Unplug USB and spindle and coolant shut down.

When I reboot computer and run mach I cant get spindle motor to turn anything above 80 rpms , Comm with SS is then lost within 3-5 minutes , same result with either board.

Hopefully Greg will respond to my emails soon
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 06:56:52 PM by panaceabeachbum »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 25, 2009, 01:58:26 AM »
What time out do you have set in the SS Config, also have a look in the monitoring and see if there are any errors flagged.
 What do you have the controller frequency set to?
Are your axis frequencies set to just above what you need for each active axis and the axis you dont use set to minimum?
Hood