Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:39:00 AM

Author Topic: Problems threading on the lathe  (Read 432151 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Problems threading on the lathe
« Reply #290 on: May 05, 2009, 12:28:02 AM »
I don't have 2 pp I can test with, don't know.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 05, 2009, 12:35:02 AM »
That's ok, since i can disconnect the cable from the MPG's which use the same PP as the timing disc.
Using the other PP may influence it, but then, i can also test that way and see if there is a difference.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 05, 2009, 07:48:06 PM »
Still no joy #$%^&* rotten $#@%^& computers @@##$%^ programs !@#$#$^%^
dummy user !    >:(   ;D   ???    :-\   ;)
RICH

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 06, 2009, 01:18:30 AM »
Hi, Rich

During some testing this evening, I ran into some Issues with the latest test driver, Mach started to execute G code anytime I re-set Mach, stop feed-hold didn't work only RESET, It was also turning on Single BLK Mode but G code continued to Run.

Testing in Mill Mode, Turns out that it was caused by having OEM Trig #3 & #4 set to pin's 11 & 10 which just happened to be the Pin number's I'm using for Index & Trimming simulation test's.

Edit: Turns out I had them set to Single    Step OEM1004 & Cycle Start OEM1000.  ???  ???

Wild ride to say the least, Not for the Weak Hart-ed, So be careful for Sure.

On the Bright Side This test driver appears to cure my bad computer's Pulse Frequency fluctuation and get's the speed closer to the Kernel speed set by Mach.

Just a little beta Testing, Chip  :D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 02:07:21 AM by Chip »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 07, 2009, 09:14:57 AM »
Hi Chip,
The problems here have been a challenge. First i found a ground loop in the controller which had an effect on using pins 10,11,12,13 as inputs.  All worked fine for the Two MPG's which used those pins, but no joy when using them
for timng or index. Once that was fixed, and i knew it was not a software, cable, connection, computer problem, then...................
Trying to get another index  setup using those pins. Well come to find out that all those junk box photsensors
are different, need to be wired differently, some were bad, but...... i can get then to trigger but not with a high enough voltage to change the pin state from high to low. Thus no rpm readout. Since the voltage for the photosensors comes from the power supply inside the controller via a connected cord I  end up screwing the MPG's up if it's greater than 5 volts ( actualy you can fry them!).
Sometimes you just can't win!
 Can't buy any sensors locally, maybe i will just use an external pulse generator ( if i can find it / stored away !) for the other index.
On the positive side i did find that ground loop which i never knew existed. It's been a trip!  ;D

BTW, two computers, one controller, and none of the CNC machines are usable at the moment!.
I call all this a refresher course in setup!  ;)
RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 11, 2009, 09:07:25 AM »
Hi Guys:

Im back!. :)

Thx for all the testing , I do appreciate it, and how much a hassle it is.

This version willnot show you anything if the driver is not matching the plugin, so Ill be interested in the results. If you have the rigth plugin,
there is a line that say s " 64 bit timer detected..), it shoudl be unchecked if all is well for the present code.

All numbers are in microseconds, both in the scope and the main dialog, and a deviation is shown in the scope as well, mine is always less than 40us and usually about 15.
Be interested in any displays, real or simulated. Ill explain your results as their posted.. I think we're getting close, but I suspect driver versions and loading problems have plagued some in the testing.

Thx
Art

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 11, 2009, 03:22:24 PM »
Hi, Art

Hope you had a good time relaxing.

Hears 4 pic's, First 2 are of my problem computer (But it's acting pretty good at the moment), Threading Sim works.

On my sec. computer, Threading triggers but wont actually proceed through the G76 code with the Test SYS driver.

Works just fine with ver. .027 SYS driver though.

Chip

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 11, 2009, 04:11:20 PM »
Hi Chip:

Thx, I hadnt really gotten to the stage where I thought an actual thread sim would work, I was really just interested in the numbers as you show them.
All seems well EXCEPT that your scope on second computer shows an abnormal low reading on both. Does that happen on all captures? There should be only 40us or so max deviation shown, I may be grabbing numbers one slot too early or somethign though.. Try a few different scope grabs and just tell me if its always way above 40us or if its just random.
  You show 1102.xx and 1103.xx on those two grabs, I suspect Im grabbing one wrong number somewhere.. Otherwise it all looks good. Ill proceed to other matters based on that when I see how some others are doing..

( Max Deviation is shown on the Scope dialog , its just the high minus the low reading iof the slot times.. That second computer has a very fast PCI timer, the full 2.3Ghz seems to be your clock for the PCI.. thats fast..)

Thx
Art

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 11, 2009, 04:48:33 PM »
Hi, Art

Once I reduced the slot count down below 90 slot's threading works fine, one computer is fine, it's the second one with low min value .

I have a 100 slot disk to test with, Need to get the second OPTO working and adjusted for it though.

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 09:56:54 PM by Chip »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 14, 2009, 06:13:54 PM »
Hi All,
Well my neighbor, who has a TV repair shop,  may deliver a pulse generator tomorrow which will allow me to simulate a pulse to use along with my timing index.

Chip, you may not standing alone.  ;)
RICH