Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:55:38 PM

Author Topic: A new Huanyang VFD plugin  (Read 214605 times)

Re: A new Huanyang VFD plugin
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2014, 05:42:34 PM »
I modified the 1.7.1 version of the plugin a bit so that it sets RTS high when sending, and otherwise keeps RTS low for receiving, so that it behaves with dummy RS485 converters.
It's a quick hack, and I'm not sure if royaumedeole would approve releasing this, but if there's an interest in this, I can link it.

How did you modify, do you have the source code?
Nosmo

Wow, answering to almost year old question, sorry for the delay! :)

I don't have source code, I modified the binary directly, using disassembler.

« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2015, 04:48:55 AM »
Was the source code ever made available?

I have a Hitachi X200, it would be similar to control, but the commands are different.  It wouldn't be that big to change.
« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2015, 05:05:27 AM »
With help and suggestions from Sebastion it is now all functioning.
Thank you Sebastion

Hi Graham.... Same trouble here... What was Sebastions help???

Cheers Mark
« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2015, 12:28:53 PM »
gpz-rider
It is on his website under his questions and replies
Graham
« Reply #154 on: June 04, 2015, 12:32:32 AM »
Yeah had already sorted it... 8)

Cheers Mark

Offline LGF

•  37 37
  • can't sit still
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2015, 03:40:19 AM »
I suppose i "Thumbs UP" would be in order for the work Sebastien has done for these specific spindles, however, i version I could download ver. 1.7.1 does not even get loaded by Mach 3 ver 3.063 something (it's the latest one).

I follwoed the instructions on his site to the letter, however, after pasting the .dll file into Mach's Plugin folder, i start Mach3 up and immediately get an error message stating "Defective plug-in found......" then at the next click of the mouse i get a second error message virtually stating the same with the addition at the end ".... ignoreing plugin" and then Mach starts up.

I have tried contacting Sebastien on his mail addy, tried downloading previous versions, even downloaded fresh copies, saved them on different flash-drives in various stages of compression, unzipped, zipped etc etc etc but the message stays the same.

I gather it's not a Mach issue unless, the VFD pluging was not updated to fucntion with the latest version of Mach3, so the question is, does anybody have a fucntional copy of the pluging that would be kind enough to forward it to me via email?

If so please send me a PM, if not and you know of a different download location with a file that might not be "defective" please direct me?

Thanx so much in advance!!!
When I die, will someone please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend my funeral. No need to do or say anything, just attend and stand a short distance away? PLEASE???
« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2015, 09:37:04 AM »
Seb is hard to get hold of at the best of times, I have not been able to reach him for a while now.
I have both the 1.6.1. and the 1.7.1 versions that work for me.
Did you load the VC++ add ons?
Also it does not work with Mach4 incidentally,  the new version is written in Lua instead of C++ apparently?
Nosmo.

Offline LGF

•  37 37
  • can't sit still
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 24, 2015, 07:55:56 AM »
THX NosmoKing

Sorted the issue by installing the downloaded VC++, UI (User Input) fault by default  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Anyhow, only realised that I skipped that when i started reading the comments on Sebastien's website.

I do have a serious problem thou (suspect it might be noise or my remedies for that) as the spindle speed is fine when running it without the spindle actually connected, both Mach DRO and VFD displays are sync'ed, Mach slightly slower and slightly more variable than the VFD's readin, but that's fine. However when I connect the spindle and hit "spindle cw" on Mach, it slowly creeps up to the minimum revs (7200) but does not even reach that before becomming very hot and triggering what can be best described as a current overload as it trips the multi-outlet plug's overlaod protecion switch.

I will 1st try and have a proper look at the configs of the VFD's PD's and the appliction of the ferrite clips I have all-over the show, including the grounding and earthing of everything as mentioned on so many places on the net. I do suspect it might be the latter as, when i do start the spindle (with or without it being physically connected) my keyboard stops functioning and becomes unrecognizable by the PC, sometimes the mouse also seems to lose connection, but as soon as I hit the "spindle cw" button on my Mach screen, all returns to normal wrt to the keyboard, well most of the times, as at times i need to 1st do "reset" and then pressing it again, reconnects the keyboard communication.

Very frustrating to say the least, and sort of at a point (just over a year down the line now) of giving up now, really !
When I die, will someone please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend my funeral. No need to do or say anything, just attend and stand a short distance away? PLEASE???

Offline LGF

•  37 37
  • can't sit still
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2015, 08:09:44 AM »
PS whilst on the subject, do i understand earthing and grounding correct to say:

1. I need to ground my CNC frame (aluminum in construction) to the case were my stepper drivers/controllers, power supply, relays etc is?
2. Ground my spindle's body with an additional ground wire to the VFD's Earth?
3. ground the shielding of the spindle's wires at the VFD's ground and not ground that at the spindle?
4. What about my DC common wires? Wires that are 5v 12v and 48v respectively coming from my BOB, stepper drivers/controllers, the 2 channel relays etc etc, do I ground these to the frame of the metal case where they are residing and to the metal casing of the PC some distance away and to the Earth ground of the incoming 220v AC?

I have brought all my DC commons to the 3 "COM" slots on the multi output power supply not sure if a ground wire from the CNC frame should be connected to these or to the following where I have brought the shielding of almost all the shielded cable to a separate common "bus bar" that is only grounded to the metal casing of the controller etc box?

nuts .......................... i tell you
« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2015, 09:59:10 AM »
I am a believer in grounding supply commons, a star earth ground point should be set up where all grounds shields and service ground is connected to.
1/ is called equi-potential bonding see PDF.
http://www.automation.siemens.com/doconweb/pdf/840C_1101_E/emv_r.pdf?p=1
2/ The spindle frame or ground should be taken back to the VFD and connected to the earth conductor fed to the VFD.
3/ See section 6 of the PDF, it is now customary to ground both ends of shields when bonding is carried out.
4/See above.
A couple of things to watch, on some of the Chinese spindles the ground pin is not actually connected to the frame internally, also make sure you do not run the spindle at a lower rpm than around 6000 rpm as it can burn out.
Nosmo.