Hello Guest it is November 12, 2019, 11:42:31 PM

Author Topic: A new Huanyang VFD plugin  (Read 150536 times)

Re: A new Huanyang VFD plugin
« Reply #180 on: October 02, 2019, 04:58:30 PM »
Well it looks like my serial adaptor crapped out. Replaced it with one of another machine and everything works fine.
« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2019, 11:12:19 PM »
I am just getting around to trying this VFD modbus plugin with my HY spindle. The spindletalker2 v.5 works fine and I can start / stop and reverse the directions all I want. I cannot get MAch3 to reliably work with it. I setup the plugin and it detects my VFD settings and I can set an RPM and start the spindle and see it ramp up and run. I can then stop the spindle with F5, but after that I cannot start it again until I reset. I also cannot get it to reverse direction at all. I did notice the DWELL indication comes on then stays on, is that related to it not responding after the first time? using driver v1.7.1 and Mach3 (latest version).
« Reply #182 on: October 19, 2019, 12:21:34 AM »
Mystery solved. If you have any spindle spinup delays set in general then that seems to set a Dwell that will never end and keeps any following M3/4/5 commands from completing.

I am just getting around to trying this VFD modbus plugin with my HY spindle. The spindletalker2 v.5 works fine and I can start / stop and reverse the directions all I want. I cannot get MAch3 to reliably work with it. I setup the plugin and it detects my VFD settings and I can set an RPM and start the spindle and see it ramp up and run. I can then stop the spindle with F5, but after that I cannot start it again until I reset. I also cannot get it to reverse direction at all. I did notice the DWELL indication comes on then stays on, is that related to it not responding after the first time? using driver v1.7.1 and Mach3 (latest version).