Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:34:06 PM

Author Topic: A new Huanyang VFD plugin  (Read 213766 times)

Offline cdf

•  4 4
    • View Profile
Re: A new Huanyang VFD plugin
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2013, 07:56:54 PM »
I just set this up tonight and I have managed to get it working. I am NOT computer savvy. The vfd responds to mach3. The vfd shows the rpm but mach3 doesn't show the rpm in the spindle speed box. What might I be doing wrong?
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2013, 07:45:03 PM »
Hi all,

I have just build the 1.6 version.

I disabled the Estop speed mechanism because too much people were suffering from noise problem.

I Fiixed some problems concerning data polling (some freezes could append if noise and polling extra variables)

Now the plugins read the rated frequency (pd004) and rated speed (pd144).
So Americans friends, you do not have to enter wrong values in pd144 (for exemple 3000*50hz/60hz=2500) in goal of having good rpm.
Now just put 60 in pd004 and 3000 in pd144 and the plugin will handle that without problem

Available here:

http://royaumedeole.fr/informatique/plugin-mach3-pour-vfdhuanyang/mach3-plugin-for-huanyang-vfd/

Enjoy!

« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2013, 07:05:45 AM »
Is the source for this plugin available?
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2013, 06:24:20 PM »
@tgdavies

the source is actually not available. When i started the project, I wanted to go fast, and so i use some special personal frameworks (concerning memory handling for example) i do not want to share.

But, i'll take the time to build and Emc2 version and soon a Mach4 version.
At this time, the mach3 version may become openSource.

« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2013, 06:25:19 PM »
Build a new version 1.6.1

I added an EditBox in the configuration so that people using chineese spindle won't be annoyed...they will just enter 50 in this nex Edit box
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2013, 08:15:27 PM »
Many VFDs can show true power in KW also. Current is a really poor indicator of spindle load. So if you can get it to display power that would be very good for optimizing and operation and also testing tools, and determining if a tool is getting dull. Power is very linear, current is not at all.  So a power reading will easily show you a tool getting dull, the difference between different types of cutters etc.
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2013, 02:31:49 AM »
I find that I cannot stop the spindle using gcode entered directly in Mach3, or in the file Mach3 is running.

I can type M3 Snnnn into Mach3 and start the spindle and change its speed, but M5 does nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
  Tom
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2013, 10:21:03 AM »
Hi!

First of all thanks for the pugin! It seems great but I'm still experience problems with it! Really need some opinions!

My situation is everything seems to be working fine, the plugin recognises the VFD (3000rpm @ 50Hz), if I start the spindle in mach3 with the spindle disconected everything works fine (display on the VFD is the same as in mach3). The problem is when I connect the spindle to the VFD, I can run it at very low speeds (700rpm works fine and the spindle is in fact working) but any speed above that (be it 800 or 8000rpm or whatever) I get a reset on mach 3 and a "dl" error on the VFD.

At first I imagined this was from noise as there are some reports here that talk a lot about similar problems, but now I have shielded cable from the rs485 to VFD and from VFD to Spindle, no difference whatsoever...

Any ideas?

(by the way, something that I think is not common is that my VFD displays in rotations per second, not rpm, but it seems to make the correction ok (600rpm in mach3 is displayed as 10rps in the VFD)

Jorge
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2013, 12:26:55 PM »
I find that I cannot stop the spindle using gcode entered directly in Mach3, or in the file Mach3 is running.

I can type M3 Snnnn into Mach3 and start the spindle and change its speed, but M5 does nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
  Tom

I am still experiencing this, did you resolve it?
N.
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2013, 04:25:34 PM »
@NoSmoking or @tgdavies, are you using the last plugin version with last Mach3 version?
I yes , i will investigate it this week-end, but i do not remember facing such problem..