Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:43:53 AM

Author Topic: A new Huanyang VFD plugin  (Read 213791 times)

Re: A new Huanyang VFD plugin
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 07:28:12 AM »
Hi Rexdc,

if you want the plugin to fill your DRO, you must get the index of the DRO, (analyse your screenset). For exemple, if your AMPS dro is 1003, then go to the configuration screen of the plugin, select 'Current' in combo box then enter 1003 on the textArea below (check on my site to a better explaination). Do not forget to validate.

Then, the plugin will try to read currentValue from the VFD and displayit in your DRO.

Offline rexdc

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2013, 05:55:09 PM »
Thank you for your info.  As you probably and tell I am a newbie to VFD world and also kind of a newbie to Mach 3.  Recently I sent the sellers of the unit I bought ( 3KW motor and VFD) some questions regarding cooling and disconnecting from power when not in use.  On cooling the questions were what the flow rate was needed for the motor and could ethylene glycol be used in the coolant.  The answer i got for the flow rate was "enough to keep the motor from burning up" and on the ethylene glycol was on the first answer no it would melt the plastic in the motor then on the second answer yes you con use ethylene glycol.  On the subject of disconnecting, in their manual the state and I quote "do not use the electromagnetic contactor as the on/off button of power supply for the inverter" and in another place "no fuse  breaker" could be used.  The question I ask them was why a contactor could not be used to remove power from the VFD system WHEN NOT IN USE.  My scheme was to have a 10 amp 3 phase breaker in the panel and a 3 pole relay controlled by a toggle switch for disconnecting the power when not in use.  Could someone enlighten me as to what their thinking is!!!  By the way I am a retired electrician and have an assoc. EE and am lucky enough to have 3 phase power in my wood shop at home.  Not trying to be smart, I just can not see there concern.
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2013, 11:29:28 AM »
I dont have my machine set up enough yet to test this, but could you answer the following:
I understand that hitting STOP on the VFD will create an e-stop condition in mach, but is the reverse true? If i hit e-stop in mach (either in the software, or with an external switch hooked to mach) will it create an e-stop event in the VFD and stop the motor (decelerate)?

Offline rexdc

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2013, 08:44:35 PM »
Maybe I was mis-understood about whlat I am concerned with.  That is removing power from the VFD system is not in use, not to control the spindle motor
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2013, 09:51:30 PM »
I wasn't referring to your question, I was asking my own question about the plugin
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2013, 04:15:19 AM »
Hello mikemaat,
off course!.
if you hit the e-stop on mach3, it stops the spindle.
Then depending on your VFD Configuration, it will decelerate it (through a ramp) or stop it immediatly..
It acts as you were hitting STOP on your VFD..
Hoping to have answered your question.

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2013, 04:16:30 AM »
Hello rexdc,

on my side, i do not work with such spindle. That's why I am unable to answer your question. I can only help you concerning the plugin.
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2013, 02:54:51 AM »
I finally finished my wiring and tested out my e-stop question. Indeed, when I hit the estop button in mach, the vfd immediately starts to spin down. HOWEVER, if I try the same test with a physical e-stop button, the vfd remains unchanged (at full speed) even though mach registers the e-stop and does its green/red flashing routine. The strange part is, if I THEN hit the software reset button (which is already showing an e-stop condition - red/green flashing), the vfd will spin down.

How is the plugin listening for e-stop? Is it looking for the specific software button press or is it listening for an overall e-stop condition (either software or physical switch)? The way it behaves, I'm thinking the plugin only monitors the software button for a click event and ignores the e-stop port/pin input.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 02:56:25 AM by mikemaat »
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2013, 03:21:13 PM »
Hello MikeMaat,

well the plugin is using the Mach3 notifying System. When Mach3 tells an estop occurs, the plugin stops the spindle.

So it's not the plugin which is listening to estop, but Mach3 which tells the plugin to stop...

What you say is that finally this notifying system is not the only way to check for an estop.

I'm going to fix that (by making the plugin reads the mach3 registers), but this is a weakness in Mach3 notifying mechanism.

I think that I will be able to fix this during the week-end. I will then update my web site with the new version.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2013, 04:02:28 PM »
Does the notification system register "External e-stop requested" the same way it does for an internal e-stop (software)? Dont know if this link helps any but here it is anyway. I wonder if "Matt" is mattyzee (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mach1mach2cnc/message/117170)

Thanks so much, if you need me to test anything or take a video for you, let me know. Ill give it a test once you're done
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 04:14:08 PM by mikemaat »