Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:27:15 PM

Author Topic: A new Huanyang VFD plugin  (Read 213747 times)

Re: A new Huanyang VFD plugin
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 02:54:28 PM »
I believe the quality has much improved although I have no data to back that up. I've just read fewer complaints recently and forum postings have indicated that the quality issues are mostly resolved a this point.

In any event, for the price it is a fantastic deal. It is amazing how low the prices have gotten and how low of an offer the sellers will take.
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 03:36:38 PM »
I do agree with theminor.

On my side, I can't complain about it. I drive my 2hp motor (which is not a chineese spindle) without problem.

when I bought it, my first think was "Well it's a cheap chinese product...do not expect too much.."

But after a small period of 3 months, an average of 2 milling hours by week, I have not been facing any kind of problem...

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:39:01 PM by royaumedeole »
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 04:10:40 PM »
OK I've done some testing. It works!

I'm having a few issues:

• I got a major crash when I first started Mach with the plugin loaded and nothing turned on yet when I set the spindle speed using the DRO, which sent my Feedrate override to max. When I tried to adjust the feedrate override, Mach crashed and I had to restart my computer
  • The user DROs work well except when I turn the spindle off. Once the spindle is turned off, these immediately cease reporting. For example, I start the spindle and after it spins up I stop it. Usually the Spindle speed DRO would show the actual speed of the spindle as it decelerates but it just keeps showing the speed just before I turned the spindle off.

That is all for now. I'll keep testing and report back if I find any other bugs.

Thanks again!

Well, I have corrected the second issue, dealing with monitoring and spindle stop.

You'll find the updated version as an attachment

Although i'm sure there is a bug, I didn't manage to reproduce it. Could you give me more details?
For exemple, i'll need your Mach3 version and idealy your Xml profile file. On this way, Iw ould be in the same conditions.

Thank you very much for your precious help!

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 07:15:01 PM »
Great! mach now properly reports RPM as it is spinning down!

However, I'm now getting another crash after spindown. If I turn the spindle on and off a few times (especially, it seems, if I turn the spindle on/off, using hte spindle on/off toggle button, and turning it off before it reaches full speed - that is turn it on and then off relatively soon thereafter - and possibly doing this multiple times in a row). Mach abruptly closes but still stays running in the background and I'm unable to restart my computer without hitting a hard reset switch.

I think this is unrelated to the first crash I was experiencing also. To replicate that original crash, try these steps:

• Start Mach, do not hit reset (i.e. leave Mach) in the reset state
  • Press the "spindle on" button (i.e the "spindle on/off toggle" button)
  • Change the spindle speed override slider to something other than 100%
  • Press the "reset spindle override %" button - that is, the button that resets the spindle override percentage back to 100%
  • It probably has crashed by now, but if not, press reset and try turning the spindle on and off a few times via the spindle on/off toggle button

I think this original crash might be related to hitting the spindle on button while Mach is in the reset state. I could be wrong. The second crash may be related but it is hard to tell. Try those steps above for each and see if you can replicate the problem. If not, I'll send you my xml files and anything else you need.

Thanks very much for the hard work and for taking the time to diagnose this problem!@=

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 07:25:03 PM »

• Start Mach, do not hit reset (i.e. leave Mach) in the reset state
  • Press the "spindle on" button (i.e the "spindle on/off toggle" button)

You really should make sure that if Mach3 is in reset, the plugin ignores all controls that affect the spindle.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 06:58:37 AM »
Well,

I finally managed to reproduce the problem. Behind the global problem, 2 bugs that I fixed. (dealing with memory mamangement).

I checked your testcase, and I cannot detect problem anymore. I did some test and was unable to crash mach3.

You'll find the new version here http://royaumedeole.fr/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/vfdPluginv1.3.zip

I hope that now the plugin is fully working,  with no more crash. (on my side it's ok)
And a special thanks to theMinor, for your precious help!

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 08:43:56 AM »
Excellent - I'll give it a go this evening and report back!
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 08:39:13 PM »
It works it works! No crashes!  Thanks again I really like this plugin! Working A-OK so far. I'll let you know if there are any other problems whatsoever.

Thanks!
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 03:43:13 AM »
Coming from an RF45 clone owner..... Absolutely fantastic!! I always wondered how this VFD and Mach were going to interface with my geared machine. This makes it easy!

Im in the process of building my machine right now, and I dont have my 3 phase motor yet, but the VFD interfaces with Mach beautifully and the RPM updates instantly. I was really dreading getting this Modbus setup (especially dreading reading over the 100 pages in matty zee's thread...again...), but I stumbled across this thread and getting it hooked up to mach literally took me half an hour (and most of the was downloading USB drivers, and figuring out how to program the VFD itself). The plugin itself took about 5 minutes and worked instantly, as soon as I swapped over my reversed wires. Much thanks!!!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 05:32:56 AM »
Hi Mikemaat!

Thank you for your feedback!

Moreover it's a positive feedbak!, so perfect!

I'm very happy this plugin is usefull to other members. It gives sense to hours spent to developp it!