Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:52:22 PM

Author Topic: GSim Mach4 Material Removal Simulator  (Read 54745 times)

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: GSim Mach4 Material Removal Simulator
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2015, 02:35:33 PM »
glad you got it working

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2015, 03:08:26 PM »
Karl what card did you get. Manf, model number ?? I need to upgrade as well I am on openGl V2.5 and it is a bit slow

(;-) TP
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2015, 03:19:23 PM »
Terry
  I bought a EVGA GT 730 with 1GB ram, OpenGL 4.4.  I am sure there are much faster ones, but this is a medium price and speed one.  Listed @ $89, discounted to $79 and they gave me a mail in rebate for $10.  So I paid $69.  The main considerations for me were: NVIDIA chip set, PCI Express 16 2.0 support, & something that makes Art's GSim scream!

Karl

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2015, 05:09:41 PM »
a good gaming card is what you need 1 gig or more they put more work into gaming cards as the market for them is in the 100 of million`s if not more per year hell you could even get a 6 gig if you wont.

get a card from a computer builder not a shop less bs and they will sell you one that is correct for your needs not one that might work.

I don't by computers from shops I get them built I trust my computer guy hes never put me wrong and its cheaper sometimes it just cash only no tax last one was$1200 in shops the same computer specks over $2000
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2015, 10:35:25 AM »
Art

I hope you are giving serious thought on attending the CNC Workshop in Detroit in June.  I'd sit in the front row and cheer as you demo GSim to the crowd.  There would be a spike in interest if you did.  I've got an inside track to Ron Ginger and I guarantee you, I can get you a spot on the agenda! :D

Karl

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2015, 11:31:14 AM »
Hi Karl:

Its looking like I will be there in June. (But Ive told Ron Ill be there only as a visitor. :) , no lectures or demo's, more just a chance to
see old friends and meet new ones. :-)

Art
« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2015, 10:17:56 AM »
Good morning
I have installed and unzipped as per instructions
Open resent
Diagnostic
GSIM Job
I get the following error message
C:\mach4Hobby\Mach4GUI.exe
 "SetPixelFormatFailed"
Any idea when this error is originating  from?
Thanks Eldon

Hello All:

I see Mach4  2192 is out . Here is the Beta version of the GSim for Mach4. It has been tested only lightly.
A problem has been found on some systems where if you have a special screenset loaded into M4, this plugin may
crash. We're searching for why. It, of course, works fine here.

No rotational modes are ready, this is for 3 axis only and not for lathe ortr 4th axis work, although it will display
in 4th axis (imperfectly.. :)  if it senses the use of one.

Please let me know here on this thread if this plugin crashes on you, OR if it runs fine. Please just drop a note as to
your OS and if it works. If it fails, please also note if your using a special screenset. This is a beta and has no license
restrictions. In the end it will be free to any holder of a Darwin license.

Unzip the enclosed file in its entirety into your plugins folder. You may then run it..

Thx
Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2015, 08:45:29 PM »
Hi Eldon:

Sounds like an error in you opengl initializing. Sim uses a vbo, not all graphics card have the capability. Any idea your OpenGL version?

Art
« Reply #158 on: March 01, 2015, 11:54:10 AM »
Art
Thanks for info
Have updated Windows 8.1 Geforce760 V347.52 and windows driver 9.18.13.4752    Web site says comp with OpenGL 4.5
PC has also DX 11.00

Can you point me to a site with the OpenGL 4.5 or another?? that is compatible with the GSIM software

After doing all of the above I am one step closer to the program opening but
still see "Set Pixel Format Failed"
then the software opens and in top middle "Failure in GL subsystem Error #1"

and the tool path image is just barely visible in center and no mouse control IE: zoom in and out

So my conclusion is that I still dont have that appropriate OpenGL installed

Regards
Eldon

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 01, 2015, 12:37:19 PM »
Eldon:

You DO have the appropriate OpenGL.. Open GL is in the video card and version 4.5 is great, very up to date.
Sounds like GSim doesnt work with your card for some reason. Is it the last GSim in the thread.. ?

Art