Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:11:15 PM

Author Topic: GSim Mach4 Material Removal Simulator  (Read 54749 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: GSim Mach4 Material Removal Simulator
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2015, 12:27:12 PM »
Terry:

Ahh.. OK. I do have it.

Here is version 1.011

This version is more accurate due to a 2 pass loader. However, arcs do slow this thing down.
I can speed it up by implementing a sewpt tool algorithm, but I will wait to see how all else
works and if it is popular before I spend that development effort.  The sim works very well
on 2.5d general files, Gears and the like, for doing complex stl 3d models Ill likely have to
have a swept tool in effect or sim'ing woudl take near as long as cutting. :)

Art

« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2015, 12:43:24 PM »
Just loaded 1.010.  Everything is running great, no error messages.  Tool has changed colors in the last couple of updates.  From a yellow to purple. (I'm color blind, so don't rely too heavy on the actual colors).

Sorry, I've been offline. Been busy plowing snow.  We got 12.5".  Plowed 8 driveways!  Life just don't get more fun than that!

Karl
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2015, 12:49:41 PM »
1.0011 loaded and works without a problem.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2015, 12:55:20 PM »
Hi Guys:

Isee its actually an INCH issue, it will take a day or two to recode for imperial not slowing it down.

Thx
Art
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2015, 01:03:27 PM »
I will be looking forward to it.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2015, 10:18:46 AM »
Hi All:

Here is a preliminary re-release of the beta for GSim. This is version 1.012

Its been designed to parse the input file only on startup, so it should load almost any file you have instantly.
It still needs optimiising in the sim, but for many youll find it fast enough for the jobs you do. Tortuous files
I suspect will allwys be pretty slow to sim to completion.

Thx
Art

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2015, 11:05:57 AM »
HIYA ART,  ;D  V.012 works very very well even on the Testfiles which are HUGE in nature and use both #vars and Subs .

They are still a bit slow to SIM but that is to be expected considering the file.

Now to see why it does not run in the industrial version I have(;-)

Thanks for the Time, (;-) TP
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2015, 11:42:17 AM »
Early observations on ver 12

I like the addition of 4 views

When I set resolution to "extreme" on a large file (Variables and sub programs) I got a system crash message with 3 options one of which was close the program.  Which I did. I can not repeat the crash, though to get more info on the exact messages.

The tool # does not increment even though the tool name and display do.  There are other difference in the tool display that I have not yet figured out.  Maybe having to do with inch and metric?

I don't perceive a noticeable speed difference between 12 and earlier versions.

Karl

« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2015, 11:59:39 AM »
I reloaded your tool table and the V inch (tool #9) moves thru the part, but does not remove any stock from the screen view.

Could the problem with the first time crash be that I had not yet "Enabled" Mach 4?

Karl
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2015, 12:20:24 PM »
It crashed again.  This time i took pictures.  Again resolution is set to "extreme"

Karl