Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:59:44 AM

Author Topic: GSim Mach4 Material Removal Simulator  (Read 54739 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: GSim Mach4 Material Removal Simulator
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2015, 11:21:42 AM »
Terry:

I see your problem now, its a framebuffer issue with your video card.. ( which is a bit old..). (Error on top line of your recent snap)
This should be fixable though, so Im working on it..

Thx
Art
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2015, 11:49:09 AM »
Art
   Attached is a program still having problems with arcs.  I've remarked out the G41 command thinking that might be the problem, but it didn't change.

Karl
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2015, 11:51:46 AM »
Photo is of right half of GSim image next to Mach4 image of same file
Karl

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2015, 03:50:58 PM »
HIYA ART I can RUN the Gsim on a demo install of Mach4 and it works for most things. IN an install on Mach4 Industrial it will NOT run even  the simple things. SAME PC for both tests.

I am still working on that one. I also have the latest video driver install that accounts for directX and opengl.   Tested with FURMARK video standards  and it rates "Fair"

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline cfell

•  27 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2015, 03:54:08 PM »
Art, I am almost there (05 version)!  I now see the GSim screen when I start the app however it is telling me no file loaded.  I have a .nc file loaded in Mach4 which will run.  I can't figure out how to load the file into GSim or why it isn't auto loading.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Charlie
Catlett VA

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2015, 06:39:56 PM »
Hi Guys:

Im still working on a couple of small issues in compatability for OpenGL . If the roadrunner fiole wont load, its
probably an OpenGL issue, or an interaction between GSim and a loaded Screenset. ( Some screensets can for some reason
cause a crash.). I suyspect this is alll incremental, each version will work for more people. Thx for the bug reports, they all total up
to point to errors.

If you find you cannot run files but GSim starts up please let me know what message is in the top center of screen.. AND
what is in the history error file. Usually somehting like "OpengL failure on stage 3.." etc..

Thx
Art

Offline cfell

•  27 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2015, 07:18:34 PM »
Art,  Sorry I can't describe a pattern here.  First attempt from a cold start using my file I got the GSIM screen with the message [file rejected, X or Y extent is zero].  See attached 0201a.  I then loaded road runner and all I got was the error message  Gsim fired with no screen.  After closing and restarting Mach now I don't see the GSim screen  same error message GSim fired See attached 0201b.  I have tried road runner and two other files after closing and restarting Mach.  I still don't get the GSIM screen.

Charlie

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2015, 08:41:11 PM »
Thanks Charlie..

Im looking into it all.

Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2015, 09:13:09 PM »
Hi All:

This is version 1.007 , it fixes the error pointed out in Karls incrmental macro oriented file.
It also attempts to fix the VBO error and a couepl others. If it fails for you, please send a snap
of your error history and tell me the message top center of sim screen at startup if it appears.
Will read something like NVidea 4.3.0213..

Good luck,
Thx again for all the testing..

Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2015, 09:39:37 PM »
And yet a further test if that didnt help..

version 1.008

Art