Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:01:44 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Feature Request  (Read 424586 times)

Re: Mach 4 Feature Request
« Reply #330 on: December 05, 2019, 05:25:10 AM »
We are working on gesture support now. 
Yes, that was what i mean. Nice to hear that.

We already have popup screen keypads and keyboards.  You have to enable them on the controls you want.  Look for the "Editor" property in the properties of the controls when in the screen editor.  Then make sure "DRO Auto Calc" is checked in the Operator menu in the menu bar.  The MDI control is an exception at the moment.
Awesome. That was exactly what I thought of. I hope you can make it work for the MDI control too. But please, when adding a qwerty popup-keyboard, make sure to think of localized keyboard layouts. Eg. the german keyboard layout has y and z buttons swapped.
Is there a setting to increase the size of the popup-keyboard buttons? The entire popup is just 35 x 35 mm for me. Makes it hard to press any buttons.

Making a default touchscreen screen set is probably not going to happen.  Because nobody will like it
Wouldn't say that. It's just that people who are happy won't complain. The default screens are functional and not bad. They offer all features I need. After all i'm using the default screen. However it's just that some parts are too small for working good with touch.

Part of the reason choosing Mach4 is the default screens. If Mach4 would not come with a working default screen for my machine then I would probably not even use Mach4. I think they are important and having more than the six presets wouldn't be harmful. Why not offering a larger selection possibility? I probably won't edit the screen because it's much work (at least for someone like me  :-\). I use a touch pen for now instead. That gives a little more precision to hit the tiny buttons. Most of the buttons are actually well sized. It's just a few that are too small.

Best regards

Brandon

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 05, 2019, 01:52:11 PM »
The keypads are resizeable.  Just make them the size you want and they stay that size from then on for that particular screen object.  We don't force all of the keypads to be the same size.

Steve 
« Reply #332 on: December 09, 2019, 09:23:29 AM »
Hi,

It would be interesting to be able to integrate the LED in the buttons

Roberto

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 09, 2019, 01:05:50 PM »
Hi,

It would be interesting to be able to integrate the LED in the buttons

Roberto

A toggle button in combination with a bitmap set (on and off) can be used for that purpose.  Toggle buttons can drive signals directly. 

Steve
« Reply #334 on: December 10, 2019, 12:08:45 PM »

If you intend to create a button with the LED off and one with the LED on, I have already tried.
I intend to create button and led in Mach4.

Roberto

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 10, 2019, 02:07:24 PM »
What I'm saying is...  ONE toggle button and TWO bitmaps.  One bitmap for the button UP state (off) and one bitmap for the button DOWN state.  Then tie the toggle button to a SINGAL, just like you would a LED. 

Steve
« Reply #336 on: December 11, 2019, 08:50:23 AM »
Hi,

You mean this way.

Roberto

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 11, 2019, 12:28:15 PM »
Yes.  Then you can set the "Output Signal" property to "Mist On".

Steve
« Reply #338 on: December 11, 2019, 03:23:12 PM »
Hi,

I had already tried with buttons created outside Mach4.
I wanted to create internally at Mach4 as in the image.

Roberto

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 11, 2019, 04:40:15 PM »
I am sorry, that is not how the interface works.  :(  We use wxWidgets underneath and that dictates how things like this are done. 

Steve