Author Topic: Mach 4 Feature Request  (Read 292891 times)

Offline joeaverage

• View Profile
Re: Mach 4 Feature Request
« Reply #320 on: March 22, 2018, 11:28:22 PM »
Hi,
as far as I know all of those features are in Mach4 already, or at least can be if you wish to assign the keyboard shortcuts.

DRO arithmetic basic and advanced is available.

Program extents on the second tab (away from my machine can't remember what its called).

Craig
My wife left with my best friend...
     and I miss him!

Offline striplar

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 30, 2018, 05:07:51 AM »
Not so much a feature request, but a plea for more documentation on the components, what variables and functions are exposed by Mach4, and a better insight of how Mach4 works.

The more information that's made available, the more users will modify and improve screens and profiles. At the moment you have to be pretty determined if you want to do anything more than trivial changes to the appearance of a screen. As soon as you delve any deeper, you have to resort to asking questions on the Forum , search YouTube or glean some nugget of useful code by examining someone else's code. It shouldn't be that hard to find the necessary information in my opinion.

Offline mcardoso

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 11, 2019, 01:12:12 PM »
I second the comment by striplar. A more complete set of documents, especially on customization capabilities of Mach 4 would be a vital resource and would certainly ease of on the repetitious posts asking for screen editing and LUA functionality.

A very involved and knowledgeable forum community is an amazing way to help share knowledge of a product, but should not replace documentation as the backbone of product support. *my opinion :) Everyone here is great!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 01:15:09 PM by mcardoso »