Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:41:19 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Feature Request  (Read 423883 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Mach 4 Feature Request
« on: May 02, 2014, 03:02:52 PM »
List any features you would like to see in Mach 4 in this topic. Lets keep it clean so Brian and Steve can see them at a glance without having to filter too much noise.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4 Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 04:30:18 AM »
G-code EDITOR:

In the search and replace feature, allow multi line replacements for single line finds. Example can be found in Notepad++

A slash and single character represent standard editing control codes like carriage return and newline. ex. '/n' is newline

example: FIND: 'G1 Z0'
              REPLACE: 'G0Z.050 /n G1Z0F1 /n F30'

Each instance of 'G0 Z0' would be replaced by three lines of G-code,
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 07:21:02 AM »

Tool Path,

Clicking with the mouse anywhere on Toolpath window and the machine move for that point.

Clicking on a line on Toolpath window (GCODE FILE) and the machine moves to the precise coordinate of the, X/Y/A/B/C.

Thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 08:12:23 AM »

Still in toolpath,

Camera interface (webcam or other)  for the Toolpath window, Direct view of the table x / y appropriately scaled.

Select the lines of work and drag to move the job to another coordinate, Very useful in combination with the camera.

Thanks

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 10:23:33 AM »
Protected Move mode to protect the probe. (vital)

Reverse mode G31 where the it probes into a part then stops and reverses back out to the switch remake then stop and record positions. This speed up some routines as you do not have to back off the switch to be able to probe in another direction.

Probe tip compensation so that the positional values are accurate to the tip used. (very handy,vital). Do it as a tool table entry to define tip radius AND switch travel.

Built in Probe calibration routine based on the ball and bar routine(vital)

Torque limited move mode to protect the machine. (nice to have)

Full Function G12/13 mode. (HAAS style, Nice to have, not vital)

Control  page showing ALL the System # vars values  accessable from Gcode (VITAL)

Gcode window to dispaly Gcode #var as VALUES on the fly. ( Very Nice to have)

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 10:26:29 AM by BR549 »

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 01:20:01 PM »
Torque limited move mode to protect the machine. (nice to have)

Control  page showing ALL the System # vars values  accessable from Gcode (VITAL)

Gcode window to dispaly Gcode #var as VALUES on the fly. ( Very Nice to have)

(;-) TP

The first one is motion controller dependent.  I don't know if we can ever do that.

The last two can be done in the screen set.  Almost anything is possible now!  However...  you must remember that the G code variables get updated in look ahead time. 

One thing that I was thinking of doing was letting the user put a G code vars in a comment so when the comment is processed those G code vars get evaluated and printed as part of the comment.

Steve

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 01:24:35 PM »
But my point is that a lot of the special features that people want are capable of being done in the screen sets.  It won't be long before there are tons of examples.  Some guys are already blowing my mind with the ideas that they have implemented in the screens!  And I think that is most cool.

Steve

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 03:52:47 PM »
HIYA Steve, IF the #vars are processed at look ahead time(buffer load) HOW are you to use variable that are not updated until a line is processed. Take for example.

N001  G1 X12 Y0
N002  G1 X [#5601/2]

Lets say that the #5601 is the A axis current position value. The value is NOT known until the N001 line just above it is processed and motion stops. Then the N002  line values would be

N001 G1 X12 Y0
N002  G1 X6

That is not a great example just a simple one that deals with #vars that are system #vars

HOW is that going to work out with look ahead . Normally a control emptys the look ahead and drops back to real time in that instance.

Yes I agree with your idea for #var values AS (comments) on the same gcode line. BUT not if the user has to control it. It should be an auto function with no input from the user.

FOR example

#100 =24.000
#101 =48.000
G1 X12 Y0 F10
G1 X#100 Y#101    ( X24.000 Y48.000)  

THAT would be great for Conditional / parametric programmers.

(;-) TP

Then it shows up in the Gcode window automatically. Brian and I discussed this long ago (;-)

BY the way IS THERE a list of System # vars  for Gcode USE??

(;-) TP

« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 03:55:19 PM by BR549 »

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 05:13:08 PM »
Look ahead doesn't work that way.  It is not at buffer load.  It is continuous.  Each movement IS known at the look ahead time  Because it is a continual track of what has been read so far.  Look ahead knows where the machine is supposed to be in the future.  Otherwise, how would we ever calc CV?  So all of the position information is known at anytime during the look ahead process.  Now, what is NOT know at look ahead time is any external inputs.

My comment thing is like this:
if #100 == 1 and #200 == 3

G1 X#100 Y#101 (X#100 Y#200)

Would output "X1.000 Y2.000" in the message line and show in the history (if comments in history is turned on, of course).

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 05:53:56 PM »
HIYA Steve. I assume that the programer has to ADD the (X#100 Y#200)  Comment to the line???  The Control already KNOWS what the values are can it not just display it SOMEWHERE as each line processes. Preferrably on the same line as the Gcode is displayed. Displaying it on the staus line is much harder to read as your eyes have to shift from teh gcode line to the status line . During that time the value could change. At least on teh Gcode line you have a few lines that scroll before you loose the reference.

Hopefully we can get the Control to work for US instead of US working for it. (;-) That is a JOKE in the CNC job shops  by the way. But for them it is a serious joke.

Have seen this done before on other controllers.

Just a thought, (;-) TP