Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:11:20 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Feature Request  (Read 424529 times)

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4 Feature Request
« Reply #250 on: May 30, 2015, 08:15:38 PM »
ive just developed a whole new diagnostic page, tried it on 2 different machines and it wont load in the editor, after exiting the editor its gone from the screen.ini file??

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 30, 2015, 08:29:49 PM »
puts this in bug reports silly question did you save first before closeing

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 11, 2015, 08:53:12 AM »
Hi Steve,

Could you add TWO more "mc" functions for handling Jog Types:

JogType, rc = mc.mcCntrGetJogType(number mInst); --or what ever you wanna call it...

rc = mc.mcCntrSetJogType(number mInst, number JogType);--or what ever you wanna call it...

"JogType" could be:  mc.JOGTYPE_CON, mc.JOGTYPE_INC, mc.JOGTYPE_MPG, mc.JOGTYPE_SHM
These would represent: Jog modes: Continuous, Increment, MPG, or Shuttle Mode

Currently, the only way to get to this kind of information is to add these Buttons/LEDs to the screen set,
then write screen property getters to see what your screen LEDs are saying. You can't find out this
info by mc calls and that ties your scripts to a specified screen set for "Pendant" or other Jog control things.

or maybe a:

StringsOrEnums, boolState, rc = mcCntrGetActiveFuncs(inst);

StringsOrEnums: would be a large list of currently active functions in Mach4 much like the OEM LEDs where in Mach3, and I know you don't like Mach3...  :)
boolState: would show what that state of that OEM func is.

that way we could parse through a master list, for the above JogTypes and/or other standard OEM functions to see if this or that is On/Off from one call type.

It would still be nice to be able to Get/set the JogTypes from a script (or plugin).

Thanks for all you do,

Scott

fun times
« Reply #253 on: June 12, 2015, 12:28:13 AM »
I think there are outputs for all the jog modes.  And all outputs can be mapped to the screen.

Hi Steve,

Could you add TWO more "mc" functions for handling Jog Types:

JogType, rc = mc.mcCntrGetJogType(number mInst); --or what ever you wanna call it...

rc = mc.mcCntrSetJogType(number mInst, number JogType);--or what ever you wanna call it...

"JogType" could be:  mc.JOGTYPE_CON, mc.JOGTYPE_INC, mc.JOGTYPE_MPG, mc.JOGTYPE_SHM
These would represent: Jog modes: Continuous, Increment, MPG, or Shuttle Mode

Currently, the only way to get to this kind of information is to add these Buttons/LEDs to the screen set,
then write screen property getters to see what your screen LEDs are saying. You can't find out this
info by mc calls and that ties your scripts to a specified screen set for "Pendant" or other Jog control things.

or maybe a:

StringsOrEnums, boolState, rc = mcCntrGetActiveFuncs(inst);

StringsOrEnums: would be a large list of currently active functions in Mach4 much like the OEM LEDs where in Mach3, and I know you don't like Mach3...  :)
boolState: would show what that state of that OEM func is.

that way we could parse through a master list, for the above JogTypes and/or other standard OEM functions to see if this or that is On/Off from one call type.

It would still be nice to be able to Get/set the JogTypes from a script (or plugin).

Thanks for all you do,

Scott

Andrew
MachMotion

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 12, 2015, 09:13:54 AM »
I understand what your saying,

But you cannot get to "Shuttle Mode", Nor can you "SET" the JogType that you want from mc.mc****************** Calls.

Scott
fun times

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 21, 2015, 04:54:24 PM »
Can we get a menu item or something under the load screen set menu item that allows someone to see what screen set they are currently using?

Thanks,
Peter
« Reply #256 on: July 27, 2015, 07:36:27 PM »
My top feature request:

1. elapsed time: time it took for the toolpath to be run (cycle start to finish).
2. total project time: total run time for each tool path in the project to be run (elapsed time toolpath 1 + elapsed time toolpath 2 + elapsewd time toolpath 3... ect) operator resets at the begining of each project.
3. ability to add .wav files and speech (like in mach3).
Hit the e-stop! Hit the e-stop!
« Reply #257 on: August 09, 2015, 09:45:13 AM »
-REVERSE RUN

Can this feature be implemented?
If so, when do you think it will be ready?

Kind regards.
« Reply #258 on: August 25, 2015, 08:15:08 PM »
Sound, Sound, Sound... Mach 3 had the ability to use text to speech and wav files. It also would play a sound when selecting an axis and zeroing an axis.
Mach 4 seems to be mute.  :-X
Hit the e-stop! Hit the e-stop!
« Reply #259 on: October 23, 2015, 07:57:58 PM »
Ability to programmatically read and adjust the height and width of the MACH4 window so that I can maintain aspect ratio when resizing. If there's already a way to do that, PLEASE let me know