Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:23:55 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Feature Request  (Read 424554 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4 Feature Request
« Reply #190 on: December 08, 2014, 04:28:33 AM »
Tweakie,

I just looked at it.  The data is getting out to the plugins fine no matter what the movement type (rapid vs. feed).  So maybe it is a plugin issue?

Steve

Hi Steve,

My apologies sir, it is indeed related to the plugin - there are just so many settings to get right and in my error I neglected to un-check the Arduino laser mode within Darwin.
With my error corrected the M62/M63 commands work perfectly with both feed-rate and rapid moves - once again my apologies for wasting your time with this issue (I will be eating humble pie for lunch & supper  :) )

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2015, 12:37:08 AM »
Could we PLEASE get a Printer option for the Gcode Editor AND the LUA editor.

Thanks (;-) TP

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2015, 08:41:25 AM »
I guess this is the place to ask for features in the GC editor, so here we go:

1) The editor does not highlight the mating bracket when a bracket is floated over or selected. This is a handy feature for those of use who input long formulii.

I think this is the first editor I have seen short of notepad that doe not have this feature.

2) Replace should accept control codes; for example \n for newline and \t for tab and so on.

Again this is a feature of other editors, so it is hard to be without once you've come to rely on it.

3) Is there a way to select a different editor. I poked around, but did not see one.   

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2015, 08:44:04 AM »
Could we PLEASE get a Printer option for the Gcode Editor AND the LUA editor.

Thanks (;-) TP

I asked this question in the previous post before I saw this one, but you may know the answer. Is there a way to choose a different default editor as there is in MACH3? If we can choose a different editor, it won't matter how bad the built in ones are.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 08:46:15 AM by simpson36 »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 21, 2015, 11:39:09 AM »
HIYA Steve as far as I know there is no option for a different Gcode editor. You do have an option for the PRO version of GCedit by buying a license.

There is a Youtuber somewhere showing the pro version.

I have even tried fooling Mach4 by renaming Notepad.exe to Gcedit.exe that was a no go as well. It knows the difference.

(;-) TP
« Reply #195 on: February 21, 2015, 11:52:24 AM »
I went into the windows files and copied NOTEPAD.EXE then put it in the mach4hobby folder and renamed it to gcedit.exe and it brings up notepad as the editor now.

Dave

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 21, 2015, 12:50:55 PM »
Just tried it again here and NO GO. Probably a permissions deal with windows as I cannot run a copy of notepad.exe  from the desktop either(;-).

(;-) TP
« Reply #197 on: February 21, 2015, 01:09:56 PM »
It could be  if your on win7 or 8, I'm using winxp.

Dave

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2015, 02:19:42 PM »
Yeah, you can buy a license for gcEdit and it turns on tool paths and some other features. 

I'm trying to think of a reason to use notepad instead of gcEdit and I just can't.  LOL  But waaaaaaay down on my list is making the editor changeable. 

Seve

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2015, 04:40:42 PM »
Yeah, you can buy a license for gcedit and it turns on tool paths and some other features. 

I'm trying to think of a reason to use notepad instead of gcEdit and I just can't.  LOL  But waaaaaaay down on my list is making the editor changeable. 

Seve

Rather vague. Are the feature I specifically referenced 'turned on' in the pro version?whatever the fee is for a 'pro' or equiv version of gcedit, but only if it has the features that I want.

As to comparing gcedit and Notepad . .  nobrainer. On the other hand compare Notepad++ to gcedit . . .  once again  . no brainer . . just in the other direction.

Incidentally, I tried the hack mentioned by PATTON, except with Notepad ++ and it worked. More then just the primary .exe is needed and I don't know exactly what as I just copied the whole Notepad ++ directory and it worked fine after that. 

One last comment that will probably get me in trouble .  as usual . . is that sarcastic responses to users who are providing feedback as to what is needed in MACH is not going to win you any champions. Judging by recent developments at Tormach, you can't afford to loose to many more.

Whether you like the comments or not, people still spent their time to provide them and some respect for that time would be appropriate, methinks.

But that's just me . . . .   >:(