Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:41:03 AM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Feature Request  (Read 424491 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4 Feature Request
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2014, 05:14:14 PM »
So you really are a GSA(Giant Space Ant) that Scott talked of and you have taken over Brian's body and NOW you are stalling because you really don't know the answer to the question and you don't want anyone to know that you are really a GSA. HOW long ago did you escape from Area51 ? AND what did you do with Brian??

(;-) TP

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2014, 05:56:57 PM »
Terry,

Place a "dro" on your screen, the User Dro you want, for this example Name it:  UDRO20 in its properties window.

then in a button, put this code:

local inst = mc.mcGetInstance();
   local rc = 0;
   local MyVarVal = 0;
   local MyStgVal = "";

MyVarVal, rc  = mc.mcCntlGetPoundVar(inst, 590);

if rc ~= 0 then
      mc.mcSetMachError(inst, "get # err");
   else
      MyStgVal = tostring(MyVarVal);
      rc = scr.SetProperty('UDRO20', 'Value',  MyStgVal );--sets your UDRO to your Param value on the push
   end

--the opposite procedure would go the other way, load your User Dro to your param...
--further, if you want these two things to happen as mach runs automatically, drop them in the PLC scripter, but PLEASE make --sure they run without error before you do

--Scott

Simpson36,

I did publish some down and dirty "User Manual" for McLua stuff............  while true I am not the "OEM" picked to do an official manual, it should serve to get ya started.

Scott
fun times

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2014, 12:30:15 AM »
WE NEED (;-)

Labels,  Label Code for Selected Tool Description

DROs ,  Diam Offset for Selected Tool

SAVE button , Save option for tool and Fixture tables (must Have)

Password LOCK to set Subs,macros, Gcodes to read only so they cannot be overwritten/changed by the red headed shop monkey .

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2014, 01:34:25 AM »
Things to consider for a NEW tool table.

Tool #  ,  Slot#,   Diam,   Height,   Flute#,  Type,  Desc, DiamWear,  HeightWear, ToolLife,  ToolTime,  %T_Life

Tool # = Tool #

Slot#  =  Position in Tool changer

Diam = Tool Diam

Height = Tool Height Offset

Flute# = # of flutes used for tool load calculations

Type = Type of Cutter used to bring up Picture of tool

Desc = General description of tool

ToolLife =   How long the tool will last in UNITS  Minutes, Holes drilled or tapped, etc

ToolTime = How long in UNITS has the tool ran sense installed

%T_Life  = what percent of tool Life is left

(;-) TP
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2014, 08:34:05 PM »
Tool Path:

when scrolling through the tool path, there is no visual indicator of where the tool is located, on the graphic display.  This was available in mach 3, can this be added for Mach 4, it is really helpful when trying to optimize the g-code.
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2014, 08:38:55 PM »
I use mach 3, and will be using Mach 4 to run lathe turning files since Mach turn is such a poor program and apparently is never going to be upgraded.  This works very well, however in the Mach configuration when I select the X-Z as the active plane, the selection reverts back to Y-Z every time, can this be fixed to stay as the X-Z plane.  Also when selecting the active plane, it would be really nice to have the graphic tool path display default to the same plane that is selected.  This eliminates the need to constantly rotate the tool path image to the correct orientation.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2014, 01:34:14 PM »
Hi Steve,

In the Modbus Plugin, could you make it where if you decide to use "Bit Packing", you could tick another box, that would make it where it would be "Little Indian" or LSB. Most of the PLC's I use do Little Indian, LSB, instead of the Modicon MSB......  It would sure make it easier not to have to flip everything around in the non-modicon PLC types.....

Smiley

Scott
fun times
« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2014, 08:44:36 AM »
HI,

One thing I'd like to see is extended CV settings.. So we could reallly fine tune the CV. I know there is quite a lot more that can be configured than mach3 lets us..

Also, please make sure that the Acceleration and deceleration during G1 are symmetric and not asymmetric like mach3. Perhaps if need be give the choice. I am all for a more configurable software... I don't care if it gets a bit techy. There are ways to hide the techy stuff.. perhaps gray out options.. warning messages....

keep having fun Brian and Guys..

Don't feel no pressure!

cheech
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2014, 02:52:38 PM »
I'd like Mach 4 Linux version to be able to run on the ARM architecture such as a raspberry pi or similar.  Mach4 + Raspberry pi + Ethernet Smoothstepper = low power, low heat (ie no cooling fans and no dust)

If the Raspberry pi is to low power to run mach4 on a single arm core, there are other arm systems such as the "CuBox i2 eX" (dual core) and "CuBox i4Pro" (quad core)avaiable on http://www.solid-run.com/products/cubox-i-mini-computer/, There's also the Banana pi (dual core) http://www.bananapi.org/
« Reply #139 on: August 18, 2014, 03:52:46 PM »
Things to consider for a NEW tool table.

Tool #  ,  Slot#,   Diam,   Height,   Flute#,  Type,  Desc, DiamWear,  HeightWear, ToolLife,  ToolTime,  %T_Life

Tool # = Tool #

Slot#  =  Position in Tool changer

Diam = Tool Diam

Height = Tool Height Offset

Flute# = # of flutes used for tool load calculations

Type = Type of Cutter used to bring up Picture of tool

Desc = General description of tool

ToolLife =   How long the tool will last in UNITS  Minutes, Holes drilled or tapped, etc

ToolTime = How long in UNITS has the tool ran sense installed

%T_Life  = what percent of tool Life is left

(;-) TP

A tool were function would be great . Its the one thing when I worked with a Haas mini it had the mach didnt .
I would also like a Gear Wizard , with fourth axis g code generator. Your hobby users always build other automation equipment with timing pulleys . The cost of one isnt bad but when your allways buying them and changing them out it adds up.
Also chain gears or sprocket gears I know allot of us use them .
Food for though
Mark