Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:09:06 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Feature Request  (Read 425450 times)

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4 Feature Request
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2014, 03:05:53 AM »
Most settings are written to the INI file when they are changed.  (All of the Mach config is like this).  This is because they are part of the core and not the GUI.  However, some of the GUI settings are only saved at close.  This is the case for Tool and fixture offsets because they are really just modifying G code parameters.  So no, they are not saved to disk at the time they are modified.

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2014, 03:39:34 AM »
Is it possible to do a button that will save the offsets? So to not need to restart Mach4?

Dan
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2014, 08:31:11 AM »
Oh, and the keypads are resizable.  Make them as big as you want.  Easy touch screen access!!!  The size is remembered so you don't have to do it every time.  They are also intelligent as to their position.  They try to sit below the DRO so that the changes can be seen.  If the DRO is not in a position on the screen for this to be possible, the keypad will move to another location (above or beside) the DRO.  If all that fails, the keypad will pop up in the upper left corner of the main window.

Steve

Very NICE job !
As you enlarge the pad, the font stays small. Is it easy enough to increase the font size ? maybe BOLD also ?
When stretched to "Fat fingered touch screen" size, the labels are disproportionately small.

Thanks,
Russ
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2014, 10:01:34 AM »
Cannot "Cycle Start" from MDI screen page.

The button looks active, but no response.

Russ

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2014, 10:42:58 AM »
 :) I'm just enjoying all the progress..............
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2014, 11:06:13 AM »
Russ check out how I wrote my m3.mcs file
it works for me
in gcode, MDI or the button

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,27141.new.html#new

In the MDI Tab only MDI commands are used
Found that out when I added a MDI to my Diagnostic Tab
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 11:11:16 AM by Ya-Nvr-No »
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2014, 11:35:27 AM »
In the MDI Tab only MDI commands are used
Found that out when I added a MDI to my Diagnostic Tab

Ahhhh, yes. Should have realized that.  :P Thanks !
Even with the MDI empty, it's still reserved to execut MDI's only.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2014, 01:51:15 PM »
Oh, and the keypads are resizable.  Make them as big as you want.  Easy touch screen access!!!  The size is remembered so you don't have to do it every time.  They are also intelligent as to their position.  They try to sit below the DRO so that the changes can be seen.  If the DRO is not in a position on the screen for this to be possible, the keypad will move to another location (above or beside) the DRO.  If all that fails, the keypad will pop up in the upper left corner of the main window.

Steve

Very NICE job !
As you enlarge the pad, the font stays small. Is it easy enough to increase the font size ? maybe BOLD also ?
When stretched to "Fat fingered touch screen" size, the labels are disproportionately small.

Thanks,
Russ

I'll work on the fonts.  But that is not an easy task.  GUI programming is a royal pain!

Steve 

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2014, 02:16:45 PM »
HIYA Steve Please consider having the LOAD and edit program go to the proper directory that holds the files INStead of where you were last .

If I press load gcode  it should go directly to the Gcode Directory.

As a reference Les over at SheetCam has that down to a science. You can specify WHERE you want everything to go to Directory wise. Then when you select a task it takes you to the correct spot as the first option. AND that is how it works with the COmmercial controllers I have used.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2014, 02:32:30 PM »
Well...  if you loaded the G code from that directory last, that shouldn't be an issue, right?  I JUST added that in at the request of many others.  It is what it is now.

Steve