Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:58:09 AM

Author Topic: A new Huanyang VFD plugin  (Read 213785 times)

Re: A new Huanyang VFD plugin
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2013, 03:04:15 PM »
I am using Ver 3.043.022 I see there is a Ver 3.043.066 is it necessary to update for the Plugin?
Nosmo
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2013, 11:28:33 AM »
@NoSmoking or @tgdavies, are you using the last plugin version with last Mach3 version?
I yes , i will investigate it this week-end, but i do not remember facing such problem..

Further test on M5 shows that the spindle stop command issued when Mach is loading is received and works (shuts the spindle off), but M5 via MDI or in a program does nothing.
Nosmo.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:31:08 AM by NosmoKing »
« Reply #112 on: October 14, 2013, 01:22:27 PM »
I remember a guy having problem because he was running the bad visual C++ runtime..(pay attention, i do not say this is the problem)
Did you use the version available on my web page?

« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2013, 03:51:11 PM »
I remember a guy having problem because he was running the bad visual C++ runtime..(pay attention, i do not say this is the problem)
Did you use the version available on my web page?

Yes i did.
Nosmo
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2013, 03:10:44 AM »
I'm using 1.5.1 of the vfd plugin, as the later ones (both 1.6.0 and 1.6.1) don't work for me -- they communicate with the VFD but it never actually starts.

Another odd thing is that my VFD runs in reverse -- the reverse light comes on, and I had to swap two wires to make it go CW when running in reverse.

I'm running Mach V062 -- that's recommended as the most stable version to run with an Ethernet Smoothstepper.

Tom
« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2013, 03:47:28 AM »
strange troubles....

well, let's try to solve your issue.

@Nosmo&Tgdavies, could you give me a screencast or the detailled path you're following (which screenset and every button, touch) so that i can reproduce the default on my side. There is also the Pd181 parameter which interests me (software version)...could you give me the value oh this field.

@tgdavies: well the 1.6.0 was buggy and did not work as expected.But i do not understand why the 1.6.1 does not work. It is the 1.5 version where I unplugged some Estop features..

Seb

« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2013, 12:07:17 PM »
I have a RS232 monitor program to enable logging all data sent and recieved from Mach to VFD.
The following has been found so far.
The Par 181 reads 4500(h) = 17664(d).
The apparent reason for the fact the motor operates in reverse is Mach sends a 12 command when M03 is sent, instead of 02.
This could be the same reason for the other poster that experiences this?
The Mach screen is the one that comes by default with MachMill and the appropriate setting for the plugin.
In MDI none of the M03, M04, M05 work.
When a simple program is ran e.g.
S400
M03
G01 X.55
S500
Z.25
M04
M05
M30.

The program runs except M03 runs the VFD in reverse, the program then continues OK but hangs on M04 and M04 is not sent, if M04 is removed the program 'Hangs' on M05.
If a reset is operated to stop the spindle a 18 command is issued and the spindle winds down and the RPM request (Read Status 04) continues untill the RPM  reaches 0000
It was also noted that the plug in issued a 10  command at times which I could not find any data and does not appear to be a valid VFD command?
Other Function commands appear to work OK such as Read Data, Write Data, Write Freq, Read Status.
 Also in spite of the RPM being polled it does not display in the DRO when the DRO is selected by the plug in box to display this function.
If commands are sent direct to the VFD via the RS232 program, they all appear to function OK.
Nosmo
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2013, 01:20:24 PM »
In addition:
On Mach Boot up the VFD receives the Stop command  OK,     01,03,08 F18E.
Nosmo
« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2013, 04:06:47 AM »
I REALLY REALLLY love the plugin, but here are the issues im currently having:

First, I cant figure out if this is from the plugin or not, but often when i start the spindle (either in gcode or by clicking the button), it will dwell as if its spinning up but doing nothing, then eventually E-Stop because it sees no RPM (on the old plugin version). However, if i hit the e-stop and start the spindle a second time, it starts without fail.......every time.

Next, If I have a program such as:

S6000 M03
G1 X0
S4000
G1 X5

It will cut RPM's to 0 and e-stop at S4000 - rather than lower the spindle speed like it should.

Now, onto the new plugin. First of all, nice job on the fix for the 60hz RPM issue. MUCH nicer than having to do math to get it to a 50hz equivalent. Back to my problem...
In the NEW plugin:

Same issue with starting the spindle, sometimes it doesn't start on the first try. However, now with the rpm check e-stop removed it just continues on with the gcode...WITH THE SPINDLE NOT SPINNING!! Also, if I run the same program as above, when it hits the second spindle rate (S4000) it cuts RPM's to 0 as before, but doesnt e-stop now, it just continues trying to run without the spindle even moving. As you can imagine, if i didn't catch this, id have a few nasty crashes. Ive had to revert back to the older version plugin (1.5) because at least the e-stop's catch it when the spindle doesn't fire back up. I don't understand why speed changes kill the spindle and sometimes first starts don't happen...

If you can figure this out, Ive got a 20$ paypal for you to buy some beer.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 04:09:12 AM by mikemaat »
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2013, 05:04:04 AM »
Hello all,

I plan to try to fix-it next week-end. (Once the problem reproduced on my side, it will be fixed in a couple of hours...the main difficulty is to be able to reproduce the problem on my side. so your test-cases are jewels..thank you!

this week, I will setup a special debugging environnement to track those remaining bugs