Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:21:51 AM

Author Topic: Galil controller compatability (what works with the plugin)  (Read 213579 times)

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Galil controller compatability (what works with the plugin)
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 10:29:02 AM »
Jim,
Yes, the Galil can accept binary commands, but that is of no interest with Mach as the plugin handles all needed communication with the controller. The timing has been worked out so that you will not need to worry about the sending of commands to the Galil.
Regards,
Kenny
Having way too much fun! Something must surely be wrong.
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 01:15:01 PM »
Kenny
Thanks again

Jim
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 01:32:36 PM »
I have a Galil 1842 and have all the default inputs already hooked up using an ICM 2900 the extended I/O is hooked up to the Opto 22 expansion racks.
I am using 24 extended inputs and 10 putputs. Can the Mach handle this much I/O ?

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 08:00:15 AM »
Yes,
The plugin can handle extended I/O. Please see the Galil plugin PDF on the plug-ins download page for additional information.
Kenny
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 04:30:22 PM »
Just started using a Galil DMC-4080.  I have not connected servos yet, but I did notice that Mach was returning "Unrecognized Command messages".  I read the GalilDebug.txt file, and saw that this occured each time Mach asked the controller for "VT".  Apparently, the DMC-40XX series does not support this command.  I confirmed this on the Galil website.  The 21 series had "VT" listed, but the 40 series did not.

Is there any workaround for this, or is it required that I let the error messages generate and ignore them?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 05:19:47 PM »
Oops.   Forgot to turn off Linear Interpolation on my settings.
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 11:42:29 AM »
Are you able to use more than one controller on a machine if the axis are not required to be moved synchronously? What would be required to add a second controller?

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 12:24:02 PM »
Sorry,
The plugin only supports one Galil board at a time. The selection is included so that you can setup multiple galil controllers for several machines, but you can only run one at a a time, unless you have ethernet controllers and configure them as master slave. But we haven't tested them in that configuration.
Kenny
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 02:37:13 PM »
running a 2280 ethernet controller on mach.
all seems sweet!
however. when i home the axis (any of them) i get error13 not in jog mode in the mach message box(but axis keeps moving fine and homes correctly)

another thing i have found is galil doesnt always pass mach the error message of hitting a limit switch? however this might be because i have  fwd and rev limits connected together as my machine has 1 limit per axis (same switch operated at both ends of travel)
if its not broken yet, fit more gadgets!
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 10:08:43 PM »
Hello all, I'm having problems getting my DMC-2162 motion card to work with Mach3.

I installed Mach3 (DEMO to see how it works) today and downloaded the Galil plugin. I have installed SmartTERM and the card is registered fine in Windows (IP: 192.168.0.2). It has "Rev 1.0q2" firmware installed (I bought this card about a year ago). I have Window XP (32bit) with service pack 3 (tried it with SP2, but I get the same error), and it is completely updated (at least all the updates I can get from MS).

I get the "Defective Plugin" error, when ever I try to load Mach3. I'm kind of at a loss of what to do, any help would be appreciated!! :)

BTW I'm a turn coat Camsoft user. That software (if you can call it that) has taken away 9months of my life, I'm HOPING that Mach3 will spare me from blowing this machine to... well you know ;)

Thanks,

Aero