Hello Guest it is September 30, 2020, 06:53:56 PM

Author Topic: Anyone have older revision firmware for DMC40x0 controllers?  (Read 448 times)

Anyone have older revision firmware for DMC40x0 controllers?
« on: January 10, 2020, 04:37:04 PM »
I bought a DMC-4040 controller off ebay.  I want to upgrade the firmware, but upgrading to the latest version has to be done by Galil, and they won't do it for us.  Does anyone have a prior version of the firmware for the DMC-40x0 they could send me?  Preferably the version immediately before 1.3?

Thanks.
Re: Anyone have older revision firmware for DMC40x0 controllers?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 05:30:06 PM »
Hi,

has to be done by Galil, and they won't do it for us.

Why?

Craig
My wife left with my best friend...
     and I miss him!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 10:54:07 PM »
There are different flavors of firmware for the controllers and the firmware that was custom and didn't match our needs.  Although the announcement for that version of firmware said it needed to be sent in to Galil, we decided to give it a shot anyways, and it seems to have worked, so either the announcement was incorrect or our controller was quite new or...  In any event, it looks like it might work. 
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 12:31:20 PM »
Why?

Galil won’t provide service or support for second hand units.  I recently made the mistake of trying the 1.3 update on my DMC-4143 because I was having issues with the latest Mach4 Galil plugin.  Now I’m stuck with a firmware error that I can’t fix.  I’ve tried reverting to 1.2f, but can’t get it to work.  I was hoping I could pay for Galil to fix the firmware issue, but Galil’s response was sorry, buy a new unit. 

If anyone knows the steps for pushing a hex firmware file to a Galil DMC-4143, I’m all ears.  I’ve flashed chips with an arduino (with a little handholding), but there is almost no information about Galil boards outside Galil’s own website.  The manual says to use the Galil tools suite to flash the firmware if there is an error and contact Galil if that doesn’t work.  Whelp, tried those.  Didn’t work.  UPGD jumper you say?  Tried that too.  Unless theres a special boot upload reset cycle for the upgrade, that didn’t work either.