Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:49:54 AM

Author Topic: Configure Plugins>>Galil.... then mach3 freezes  (Read 8236 times)

Configure Plugins>>Galil.... then mach3 freezes
« on: December 12, 2017, 12:28:54 AM »

Hi all,

I have X, Y and Z axis working great on my new flatbed router, using Galil ST plugin, and all DC servomotors and amplifiers.

Now I wanted to add a spindle relay control, and unfortunately for some reason I can not get into the Galil plugin screen to set it up.... whenever I select Configure Plugins>> Galil ST from the plugin menu, Mach3 freezes.  Has this happened to anyone before? I tried resetting the PC, to no avail. Is there anything else I can try before re-installing mach3?

Cheers, Haxby
Re: Configure Plugins>>Galil.... then mach3 freezes
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 08:21:37 PM »
I have the same issue. My other machine with a DMC1740 card works great as just a 3 axis, but when I tried to enable spindle 0-10V for some reason this machine running a DMC1760 wont let me get to the config and freezes. Is there a way to delete the old config and start over?
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 06:16:30 AM »
I reloaded the plugin, so far so good. I also tried it with SmartTerminal (the galil software) open in the background. One one machine it works and one it doesnt. weird. Guess thats what we get for using old hardware.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 07:43:58 AM »
I have the same problem. I am using a DMC 1750, and have only three axes enabled. I can create a new profile and configure the Galil plugin one time, but trying to configure a second time locks up mach 3 due to a time out. I have to close the Mach3 screen to recover. I want to add a 4th axis plus a 5th to operate my spindle.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 07:45:44 AM »
Regarding having SmartTerminal open in the background, I would expect a conflict of some kind since both are trying to connect to the same controller.
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 10:51:06 AM »
I can create a new profile in Mach3 and get the Galil-ST plugin to configure one time. It is bit of a pain to have to configure all the motor and input settings, but that is one solution to the problem. When I want to run SmartTerminal, I just close Mach3. Likewise after I burn the info I want to keep into SmartTerminal, I close it and open Mach3.
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 02:33:35 PM »
I have the same problem with ver 4.6 of the plugin, as well as a DRO issue (not reading encoders with servo motors). Smurf seems to have lost his copy of ver 4.4 which does seem to work correctly.
I have a copy of ver 4.4 that I am willing to share, and would be happy to send it to Smurf if he wants it.
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2023, 11:14:03 AM »
Hello. Help please.  Need plugin Galil-st.m3p ver 4.4, for mach3 I will be very grateful, please share anyone.
E-mail:
andreyguisante@gmail.com