Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 04:13:18 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Feature Request  (Read 425323 times)

Re: Mach 4 Feature Request
« Reply #320 on: March 22, 2018, 11:28:22 PM »
Hi,
as far as I know all of those features are in Mach4 already, or at least can be if you wish to assign the keyboard shortcuts.

DRO arithmetic basic and advanced is available.

Program extents on the second tab (away from my machine can't remember what its called).

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #321 on: May 30, 2018, 05:07:51 AM »
Not so much a feature request, but a plea for more documentation on the components, what variables and functions are exposed by Mach4, and a better insight of how Mach4 works.

The more information that's made available, the more users will modify and improve screens and profiles. At the moment you have to be pretty determined if you want to do anything more than trivial changes to the appearance of a screen. As soon as you delve any deeper, you have to resort to asking questions on the Forum , search YouTube or glean some nugget of useful code by examining someone else's code. It shouldn't be that hard to find the necessary information in my opinion.
« Reply #322 on: February 11, 2019, 01:12:12 PM »
I second the comment by striplar. A more complete set of documents, especially on customization capabilities of Mach 4 would be a vital resource and would certainly ease of on the repetitious posts asking for screen editing and LUA functionality.

A very involved and knowledgeable forum community is an amazing way to help share knowledge of a product, but should not replace documentation as the backbone of product support. *my opinion :) Everyone here is great!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 01:15:09 PM by mcardoso »
« Reply #323 on: August 09, 2019, 07:56:01 PM »
Add wxListBox, wxComboBox, wxRadioBox and wxCheckBox items to the screen editor.

If you create these items in a LUA panel on the screen, you cannot dynamically add or remove items from comboboxes or lists, which is ideal if customers want to create custom programs or features and add them to the combobox or listbox on the screen so they can select them later.

For example, we use an on screen listbox that needs to update in real-time. Whenever a job runs it's added to the list and when the job completes it is removed from the list. The wxFrame has to float on top of the entire screen because it's not possible to embed it into a LUA panel and update the list in real-time.

Another example is a customer can create custom programs that they can select from a dropdown combobox. The whole Mach4 software has to be restarted in order to repopulate the combobox if they want to add a new program. 

The LUA panel works great for other things though like a gcode program creator embedded into the screen.

If there was a way to pass data to the Panels after they are created then it could possibly be a solution to the problem.

Offline jbuehn

•  101 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 15, 2019, 11:48:08 AM »
compewter_numerical...your lua panel can have an update UI event. Using that you should have no issues dynamically changing what you asked about.

Mach4's registers are a great way to pass data to your panel as you can monitor those in your update event.
« Reply #325 on: August 19, 2019, 12:19:13 AM »
compewter_numerical...your lua panel can have an update UI event. Using that you should have no issues dynamically changing what you asked about.

Mach4's registers are a great way to pass data to your panel as you can monitor those in your update event.

jbuehn, do you think you can help me find a resource for that? I have not been able to get it to work after many hours of trial and error. I even tried creating a fake button and simulating the action of the button to update the list externally.

I can see that when I compile the PMC it regenerates the wxWidgets on the screen...so there must be a way I just haven't found it yet.
« Reply #326 on: September 22, 2019, 01:45:29 PM »
Silly little request, but can there be a setting to auto enable soft limits when Mach 4 opens? It seems like a feature most people would want turned on normally and it is easy to forget.

Offline dws

•  24 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 22, 2019, 09:27:02 PM »
Watch this video to on how to turn on soft limits with homing. I believe that most machine setups require it to be homed before soft limits can work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXuuGRACU1I
David
« Reply #328 on: December 04, 2019, 11:10:06 PM »
Feature Request: Better touch support

Larger touch screens are cheap these days and spares you from installing a keyboard/mouse. However Mach4 does not play well with touch.
1. It would be nice to be able to pan and scan the gcode viewer with touch gestures.
2. A default touchscreen friendly screenset would be nice. (larger buttons, virtual keyboard etc)

Maybe a setting that makes Mach4 not use the lower third of the screen so that there is enough space for a virtual keyboard. Or maybe it would be better to add a virtual keyboard in mach4 directly so that it pops up whenever we can type something (eg MDI gcodes)

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 05, 2019, 12:26:41 AM »
Feature Request: Better touch support

Larger touch screens are cheap these days and spares you from installing a keyboard/mouse. However Mach4 does not play well with touch.
1. It would be nice to be able to pan and scan the gcode viewer with touch gestures.
2. A default touchscreen friendly screenset would be nice. (larger buttons, virtual keyboard etc)

Maybe a setting that makes Mach4 not use the lower third of the screen so that there is enough space for a virtual keyboard. Or maybe it would be better to add a virtual keyboard in mach4 directly so that it pops up whenever we can type something (eg MDI gcodes)

My Matsuura MC-500V conversion uses a touch screen and it works perfectly.  So I don't know what you mean about Mach not playing well with touch screens.  We do NOT currently support gestures, if that is what you mean.  However, I can scroll the G code list by simply using the slider on the list. 

We are working on gesture support now.  It will be a while though because of other priorities. 

We already have popup screen keypads and keyboards.  You have to enable them on the controls you want.  Look for the "Editor" property in the properties of the controls when in the screen editor.  Then make sure "DRO Auto Calc" is checked in the Operator menu in the menu bar.  The MDI control is an exception at the moment.  I use an industrial keyboard for all of that. 

Making a default touchscreen screen set is probably not going to happen.  Because nobody will like it and it will not be to their satisfaction.  Luckily, we gave you the ability to roll your own!  :) 

Steve