Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:30:14 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Feature Request  (Read 424517 times)

Re: Mach 4 Feature Request
« Reply #300 on: July 17, 2017, 11:30:11 AM »

New builds have this.  :)

Awesome!   
Chad Byrd
« Reply #301 on: July 26, 2017, 06:55:25 AM »
What is the status for tangential motion in Mach4?
« Reply #302 on: September 14, 2017, 12:09:38 PM »
Hi,

For professional machines, you should implement the cam features of ModuleWorks directly to the Mach4 like the guys in the following link did,

http://www.directmotion.com/vertical-machining-centers.php

So that programming of simple operations or stl cam operations can be done directly on high res. touch screens.

You can sell that version as Industrial or Professional version with a higher price, quick support is not so important when it comes to price this kind of features does..
« Reply #303 on: October 02, 2017, 12:33:24 PM »
Hi,
I would like to know if there are plans to implement P~and Q~ words to G64?
« Reply #304 on: October 30, 2017, 12:25:05 AM »
I would like to see an existing motion behavior removed or at least be disabled optionally in settings. Whenever an M or S code is encountered in the GCode or MDI the machine decelerates to 0, executes the command, and resumes. There is not necessarily any need for it to stop in the following example.

g00 x0 s1000       motion starts and spindle at 1000
g01 x10 s5500     motion stops, spindle changes to 5500, motion continues
g01 x20 s5500     motion stops, spindle still at 5500, motion continues (no change was made but the fact there was an S code in the line means the motion stops to address it)

If the spindle speed commands weren't in there, the machine would travel from x0 to x20 without interruption but with the extra commands in there (I tested and saw the same behavior with turning coolant on and off during motion) travel slows to 0 and without any delay executes the command and accelerates back to it's previous rate.

I have my Spindle Accel/Decel time at 0 and 'Wait on spindle to stabilize' disabled

The reason I want the travel rate uninterrupted is because I'm using spindle control PWM signals to control the power output of a laser to do raster engraving.

Assume each 'pixel' i want to engrave is 1mm and I'm drawing a 5mm striped pattern I'd code as:

g00 x0y0      starting point
x50           lead in for acceleration
x55 s255   laser power max 5mm
x60 s0      laser off 5mm
x65 s128   laser half power 5mm
x70 s0      laser off
x120        lead out for deceleration
y1           next line

The laser PWM control and positional results of this code work perfectly but that forced motion stop before executing S kills the end result of the piece.
Fixing this would make raster laser engraving incredibly easy in Mach4 with the use Inkscape plugin 'Raster 2 Laser GCode' which produces great results with simpler GCode senders. It would achieve the equivalent of Art's Impact / Laser plugin for Mach3.

Re: Mach 4 posting request
« Reply #305 on: November 02, 2017, 02:11:31 AM »
Hi, when I go to Mach 4 General Discussion  there is no "New Post" button on the page.  I cant seem to get to a page that has the "new post" buttons on them, so I used this reply to ask for help.  can someone tell me how to get to the page that has the post options in the Mach4 general discussion.  thanks...

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 02, 2017, 02:16:49 AM »
Hi, when I go to Mach 4 General Discussion  there is no "New Post" button on the page.  I cant seem to get to a page that has the "new post" buttons on them, so I used this reply to ask for help.  can someone tell me how to get to the page that has the post options in the Mach4 general discussion.  thanks...

Hi Halfmill,

Use the New Topic button (just above the posts themselves)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #307 on: December 23, 2017, 07:33:01 PM »
Would be nice when using the manual tool change ( mcCntlToolchangeManual) to have the tool number requested and Tool Description of the tool displayed in the dialog box. 

MTCW

RT
« Reply #308 on: January 18, 2018, 10:54:31 AM »
Wouldn't it be wonderful if the api had a mcCntrlGetScrProperty('BtnName','BtnProperty')

This would eliminate the need to create register values that have to be set from an action and in order for a macro to access the value, string...

MTCW

RT
« Reply #309 on: January 18, 2018, 10:56:03 AM »
Fix the lathe threading wizard infeed selection so that either it starts with a 'select in option' or if defaulted like it is now set the value to the defaulted selection.

MTCW

RT