Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:35:37 AM

Author Topic: An unfinished screen set - "Mach Blue"  (Read 134952 times)

Re: An unfinished screen set - "Mach Blue"
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2006, 05:07:17 AM »
Benny,

GREAT news on the led's. I have some questions.

I visited your page and the flash demo looks cool. The question however..... Is it possible at this stage with Screen 4 to use these alternative image styles.

You mentioned block heights and size requirements etc but I see no way to select another image style in Screen 4 ?

Any tips from the graphics master appreciated ;)

Jeff,

The yellow touch is for you :)
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2006, 06:16:45 PM »
Screen set is coming out nice.  One suggestion that you might look at:

I found while fooling around with mine (on another branch of this thread) that the square inch (mm?) surface area of a square was the same as a "lozenge" shape.  On the other hand, it was easier to hit with a mouse (or a finger if on a touch screen) without hitting the adjacent button.  It might make for an interesting (tedious?) experiment to fool around with the concept.

Regards,
Jeff
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2006, 07:52:52 PM »
Well another weekend is here......

Jeff, will take your comments onboard for future screens. (If we ever do any more !)

We are so far down the line now that any button size changes would really cause headaches.

I'm currently twiddling my thumbs waiting for Beano to sync some new stuff across. He's probably trying some new shades of pink out on the background :)

I hope he doesn't move on to pastel shades.......

Some great tweaks on the later Mach releases this weak. The Hi-Res screenmode feature for scaling is awesome. It *Must* be tried if your enlarging these screens.

The ability to define our own LED's is so tempting but for now we will use the standard ones. Maybe the next screen.....

Right.... Beano has finally woke up.... Back to work......
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2006, 08:36:54 PM »
I'm having a nightmare this end.  Sounds to me like Santini's in the ********* too!

This is my third attempt at this post.  I keep stuffing it up.
Straight to the goodies, because I can't be bothered to rewrite this post yet again.

Here's the Diagnostics screen.

ynneb

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2006, 08:48:10 PM »
Looking good guys. Nearly time to post it as a beta ?

Takes longer to make a screen than you initially thought didnt it ?
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2006, 08:52:18 PM »
Man, I think we should call it a night.....

I need a beer to keep me going...

Same comments for the screen above. It's scaled for forum but looks a lot better at 1024 * 768.

The attached screen here shows (hopefully) where we are starting from......... I reckon this was the worst screen so far. Beano really grafted on this one.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2006, 08:56:18 PM »
Now thats a nice diags screen..

Art
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2006, 09:13:38 PM »
On the downward slope now :)

We took the easy route on the G-Code and M-Code screens and used the standard bitmaps. Beano did threaten to type them out again but soon changed his mind... (For Now.)

After a few flips of a coin I lost.... So here's the exciting G&M screens.......

Art if your watching.... And I know your extremely busy but if it's possible to add it to your screen4 change list would it be possible to allow you to type a Hot-Key value in rather than it recording the keypresses. i.e I'm changing buttons to image buttons (clear) and have to do the hot keys as well. It would be really easy if I could just copy the decimal value already there instead of doing the keypresses which I have to look up...Thanks.

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2006, 09:34:03 PM »
I think the 6 main screens are finished. :-\  We still have the MPG flyout panel to recreate and I think we'll end up doing the G & M code lists in the same font and colour as the rest of the screen labels.

Santini is sending the files as I type this, so that we can make a start on the MPG.
Geez, he's some kind of slave driver.

This seems like a good point to show our efferts so far, all in one shot.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2006, 09:50:58 PM »
Now thats a screen set that may just have to go into the relase package.. Thats a real work of art. No pun intended..

Great work. I love the fixups..

I just uploaded a new MAch3, take a look at its new bitmaps.. YOu might like the capability for surround leds I just added.. The new reset button is surrounded as well as severla others on the main screen. Probably wont fit on yours, but another nice toy to have. :)

Art

Ill see about giving you type in hotkeys..