Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:54:37 AM

Author Topic: An unfinished screen set - "Mach Blue"  (Read 134856 times)

Re: An unfinished screen set - "Mach Blue"
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2006, 06:44:12 PM »
Gauge is misspelled as guage in the screen just posted...

FWIW Starrett just spells it Gage.

Hope this helps,

B

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2006, 07:55:13 PM »
Well it's approaching 1:00AM and were getting close to finishing the settings screen.

Just to annoy Santini.  Here's a very "PINK" work in progress.  Don't worry it won't stay this way.

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2006, 07:59:54 PM »
If he gets stuck on screen 4 skip it and and make a list of what needs to be fixed. I willl help you by doing anythign that you can't get to work
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2006, 08:08:07 PM »
:)

Thanks for the faith Brian ;)

Beano got the easy shift tonight !

This damn setting screen must have been put together by someone after a good drinking session.....

I see the light ....... Or are my eye's deceiving me and we have another 'Pinky' screen popped up.

Ok Back to the fun......

(Thanks for the installer offer. I'm sure we would like to take this up.)

ynneb

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2006, 08:24:31 PM »
Actually Brian, it would be good if we could set up a universal installer shell. So that any of us could use it.
I have only worked out how to use the SFX installer in Winrar, but unfortunately it only extracts the files to one directory.
I know with mosts screens there needs to be fonts installed to the font directory, the .set to the main mach directory, and the BMPs to the Bitmap directory. Is it hard to build  a universal shell where we can just drag our files into and create an  exe from that ?

I know winamp has a universal tool for such file extraction.
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2006, 08:34:19 PM »
I have an installer program that I got a few yreas ago that I was going to do it with... I am not going to make any code to get this done so i am going to have to make the install files my self :(
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2006, 06:33:18 PM »
Well it's been a few nights since our last chance to get together. The Settings screen was a bit of a struggle as bits just seemed to be all over. I'm sure it all makes sense to those that use the functions but for amateurs like Mr Bean and Myself we were not sure on some functions. So hopefully we have clarified the screen a bit by putting 'frames' around what we think are related items. Please let us know if this is not the case.

As we mentioned earlier the final screenset colour is not finalised and as such some more experimentation with colours was tried. A limiting factor of Screen 4 is the font/label sizes and colours you can use. Not important really but by doing the labels as a graphic it's allowed a bit more variation. With this in mind Beano thrashed out a few colour schemes for labels etc. Certainly not in a final state but hopefully close the screenshot shows the concept. Note the attachement is scaled to allow better viewing in the forum but suffers from clarity when you do this. The real image at 1024 * 768 looks clear.
If we decide to go with this labelling method then the previous screens will be updated.

Art's latest release of Mach3 today has also made an improvement in the visuals as the Leds now have a fade to them. (Not shown in the screencap.)

Diagnostics screen next.... I think a beer or two is required to get through that one......

Cheers
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2006, 07:12:55 PM »
I like the yellow labels - they stand out nicely :-)

Jeff

ynneb

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2006, 07:35:08 PM »
Art's latest release of Mach3 today has also made an improvement in the visuals as the Leds now have a fade to them.

Better than that you can use your own design for LEDS.
There is a trick however you need to design the on off state for the LED in one block, and the block needs to be twice the width of the height exactly.
You will need to make them as PNG so the do not display as square.
See example.

Esentially you will now be able to do something like this http://www.machsupport.com/bennys*********/buttons.html
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 07:38:13 PM by ynneb »
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2006, 07:46:23 PM »
Due to Benny's relentless pestering :-) , I have posted copy (as an attachment) of the screen set I was working on about a year ago as a new topic under Mach Screen called "Development Screen set from about a year ago".  I am humbled by your work here, but there still may be a few usefull ideas from looking at what I did.  I wrote a bit of a description in the new folder, so I won't bore you with it here.  Be gentle - it's my first upload here :-)

Regards and good luck,
Jeff