Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:56:21 AM

Author Topic: An unfinished screen set - "Mach Blue"  (Read 134943 times)

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
Re: An unfinished screen set - "Mach Blue"
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2006, 01:37:34 AM »
REALLY hate to ask, is a lathe screenset of interest to you guys? Maybe even with larger touchscreen buttons for the basic run functions.... (hiding under my desk now...)

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,667 2,667
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2006, 04:06:13 AM »
Absolutly amazing!

You must do a matching Lathe set, I would feel very left out if you didn't.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2006, 08:20:36 PM »
Well another night kicks in and the MPG screen is all that is left to do hopefully.....

I hope tonights session goes better than last night.... we both were cursing and swearing to each other on MSN and even had to resort to a prior backup....

In fact it might not be a good night, Beano is already complaining about space available.... The buttons are too big... so it's my fault no doubt...

DAlgie / Graham - Thanks for the kind words. No promises but Beano does have a lathe so the carrot is dangling for him now with a lathe set :)

Art - More goodies with the led surrounds. Nice touch !

Oh well time to hunt out the hotkeys....... :-[
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 08:24:14 PM by santiniuk »
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2006, 10:28:35 PM »
At last.......

The final screen is complete and the full series should be complete.

The colour scheme is up for debate but for now the 'Beta' release will probably use the silver scheme posted in the later screens.

I'm tired, Mr Bean is tired so the full package won't be posted tonight. We will wrap this up tomorrow and post for comment / improvements / and any bugs.

I did have chance today to try the screen in my garage with a 1024 * 768 panel. It did look quite nifty :)

A special thanks to Beano

(Oh - watch this space for Beano's special limited edition Mach Pink screenset!)
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2006, 10:40:14 PM »
Although it's late, (getting on for 04:00 AM here).  How could I resist an invitation to post a special limited edition "Pinky" version.

Well I think we made it.  Just need to double check things, then release the files tomorrow.  You sound like you need some sleep Santini!

« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2006, 05:01:51 PM »
We now have, easily available, four different approaches to building screens:

1)  The screen which comes with MACH3
2)  Benny's beta screen
3)  The Blue Screen
4)  My screen (originally based on a template that Brian had suggested, then influenced by the Mach Lathe screen).

I think all have advantages and drawbacks when functionality and use is compared.  I think that there should be a discussin of (no egos allowed here) the good, the bad and the ugly of each approach so that a "best of class" approach could be created to enable future screens to take advantage of the parallel development.

While I think there should be no constraint on artistic approaches, I think that certain approaches to screen layouts and syntaxes provide advantages over others and all screen sets could benefit.  I suspect that a discussion about different approaches would help us all. 

We might even ask Art to change how things are handled if it makes sense :-)  (An example may be a "middleware" approach to optimise screen interfacing (who knows?)

Anyway,

Interested in what you think?

Jeff

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2006, 06:38:53 PM »
Jeff,

We are certainly no experts in screen design but you raise a valid point. One thing for sure it's a time consuming job !

The problem I have is I only touch on what features Mach offers on my home CNC. It would really take an expert or someone really familar with the program to outline screens that are the optimum.

We have a few more projects on the horizon but enjoyed our late night sessions with the screen designs.

For now, the beta screens are available here :-

http://www.cnc-builder.co.uk/insomniax/

Another colour release today... MachBlue..... (I think this is how the thread actually started - I don't know how the silver got added......)
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2006, 08:14:46 PM »
Folks.....

For those that requested a matching Lathe Screenset, how could we resist ?

http://machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=617.0

Cheers

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2006, 08:44:01 PM »
Hi santiniuk & Mr. Bean,

After my struggles with Screen4, I thought I would try your InsomniaX screen sets. All I can say is *Marvelous*... keep up the great work.

A couple of questions...

I noticed some of the button drop shadows show some polarization, even though the file is 24-bit. Is that a result of resizing, or did the screen get reduced to 16-bit at some point? The "Rewind" button in the following example shows what I'm seeing:

http://www.coinet.com/~pwc/Mach3Screen/InsomniaxScreenInfo1.jpg

The G-Code display on the "Diagnostics" page is somewhat pixelized, and difficult to read. Is there a particular font I should have on my system for the clearest display?

http://www.coinet.com/~pwc/Mach3Screen/InsomniaxScreenInfo2.jpg

Thanks again for the great effort you two have put into these screen sets. Please don't take the above as whining... just want to make sure I got all the pieces on my system for the best display. My display is set to High - 32-bit on WinXP Pro.

Paul, Central OR
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2006, 06:31:40 PM »

I noticed some of the button drop shadows show some polarization, even though the file is 24-bit.

That's our fault.  Some of the button images at certain sizes, didn't export to transparent gif format with very clean edges.
Cleaning up the edges would have had to have been done manually, pixel by pixel, and to be honest we we're a bit lazy regarding that, and left them as you see them.

The G-Code display on the "Diagnostics" page is somewhat pixelized, and difficult to read.

Again.  That's down to us.  The "Diag" screen is pretty cramped for space and we almost left the Gcode window off that particular screen.
We moved a few things around and managed to squeeze the Gcode window in, but it had to be small.  That's why the text is hard to read.
To be honest if I were looking at the diagnostics screen, chances are I'd be monitoring something other than the Gcode text.
Generally I'd run in the "Program run" or "Toolpath" Screens.
But I guess everyone's different.

So...  It's not you.  That's just how the screens are.

Regards.
Mr Bean.