Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:38:53 AM

Author Topic: An unfinished screen set - "Mach Blue"  (Read 134877 times)

Re: An unfinished screen set - "Mach Blue"
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2006, 03:23:06 PM »
thank you i will wait
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2006, 08:01:52 PM »
Well another night's MSN with Mr Bean and we hopefully have the second page near completion. The MDI Screen.

The more we are doing this the easier it is becoming. The remaining pages should hopefully come together quickly.

Our tactic is basically I generate the Buttons and then put my feet up for the rest of the night :)

Well it's close to that. The buttons are generated and Mr Bean Then blocks out the estimated space for the panels.

He sends this space and between us on screen4 we move the hotspot overlays into a rough position. From here he is fine tuning the layout and doing the button 'cutouts' and a bit of tinkering with Screen4 takes place.....

It was a hard job but I think he's forgotten the pink theme ;)

Toolpath page next....

A shot from Mach Steel Blue attached...

ynneb

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2006, 07:08:25 AM »
I have made the first video of 3 . I wasnt that confident, and unfortunately I sound like a tin can. :(

http://www.machsupport.com/bennys*********/Untitled.html
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2006, 10:18:30 PM »
Before standardizing on a screen color scheme, it may pay to do a bit of research into what colors stand out best in contrast to what colors.  If I'm not mistaken, it is generally considered that yellows have the best visability.  While blue is cool, it may not be the best choice for optimal screen viewing.  Now, don't get me wrong, this is not my field of expertise and I don't want to meddle, but I just thought it may pay to research things a bit and create a scheme that is engineered to the human eyes.

Just my 2 cents.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Jeff

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2006, 04:28:30 PM »
Before standardizing on a screen color scheme, it may pay to do a bit of research into what colors stand out best in contrast to what colors.

That's very true.  All the screens we are developing are now grey untill we come up with some good backdrop colours.

Another night whizzes by on MSN.  If we were in a car.  Santini is steering, and I'm working the pedals.
This is really santini's baby.  I'm just doing some of the GFX to help out a bit.

Anyway.  Here's a shot of the ToolPath window.  I think we're done on this one.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2006, 06:12:21 PM »
Very nice. I really like this "Blue" set.
The colours are very comfortable..

Art
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2006, 06:38:06 PM »
Just an observation that black on blue on grey may not be the most visable selection.  Just remember that the thrust of this project should be a screen with a demonstrable functional advantage (while not introducing defects) over the default screen.  Cosmetics should be less important than increased function.  After the tool control functionality is optimized, then cosmetics should be improved (until such time as they negatively impact function).

Regards,
Jeff

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2006, 09:25:26 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Art. It's just the kick we need as our 2am sessions keep going :)

Jeff, I'm with you on the requirement of a clear screen with good visability. All I can say at this stage is that the final colour scheme is really up in the air. There are some factors in Screen 4 that will drive the final scheme we produce but at this stage If Mr Bean gets his way who knows what we end up with ! It will however be based on a blue button scheme but the layers function in Photoshop is allowing all sorts of colours to be tried.....

It's also true to say that the screen captures we are showing are not as good as the true image when running in Mach3. Resizing and some extra compression is just dulling the clarity a little.

Tonights session resulted in the Offsets screen which I personally feel is showing some real character. Beano was complaining of a headache but he managed to keep going and really excelled with some ideas. Just wait till we get to the Diagnostics screen !!! There's not an inch of spare screen space free.....

A couple of points to note are that rather than a common header bar which we had, we now change the colour of the button of the visible page. It's working quite well in practice.

So I think it's worth at this stage showing a before and after shot. Obviously people have there own taste...............

I'm giving the lions share of the credit to Mr Bean on this ;)

Cheers

« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 09:28:00 PM by santiniuk »
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2006, 09:43:42 AM »
If you guys get this up and working I will make an install file for it! if someone wanted to have that screen set thay would just have to download and install. 
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2006, 06:19:59 PM »
If you guys get this up and working I will make an install file for it! if someone wanted to have that screen set thay would just have to download and install.

An installer would be fantastic.  We still have a few more screens to go yet.
Actually, Santini is beavering away at Screen4 as I type this.

I'm waiting for him to send his work back right now, so I can tweak the GFX some more.

Once we get the screens done, we just need to settle on a background colour.  Then you can roll us an installer ;D.  Great stuff.