Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:04:46 AM

Author Topic: 'Thermwood SuperController V6' screen for 3-axis mill  (Read 10828 times)

'Thermwood SuperController V6' screen for 3-axis mill
« on: May 03, 2008, 01:32:40 PM »
Simply put I am not a fan of a cluttered up screen.
At work I program for and sometimes run a Thermwood CS45 5'x10' router and like the controller software for it.
It made aparent sense to create my own screen set closely 'copying' the Thermwood SuperController V6 software.
This first version I am posting on here is not complete, but has all of the basics I feel I will use albeit the settings, diagnostics, and 'handheld' controller screen.
...and I know I need to change the DRO for the remaining time...
Currently I do not have any hotkeys assigned, but plan to do so in the future.

Also, the screen looks best if not auto-enlarged.. it is native 1024x768

Please feel free to critique and recommend changes.

Thank you,
Aaron
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 01:43:39 PM by 1965Falcon »

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,667 2,667
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: 'Thermwood SuperController V6' screen for 3-axis mill
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 10:54:29 AM »
Nothing wrong with that screen, if it suits your way of working its got to be good.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 11:30:11 AM »
Looks good and simple. Do you have a panel or pendant with all of your buttons and pots? What are using to handle I/O? I know what you mean about sticking with what you know. I'm working on a fanuc look alike for myself. That is one of the many cool things about Mach. Can be tailored to suite all.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 11:57:52 AM »
Well I know it is a screen format that I have at least not seen something close to yet with the other screens out there.  I haven't really had the time to work on it the past few days.  Finished writing the post processor for converting posts from Unigraphics NX4 to a mach compatible format and haven't been able so stay away from the machine since!

I made the mistake of starting this one from scratch so it is going to be great fun copying over the diagnostics and settings screens which I intend to keep pretty much all of the same info as the standard screen.

Currently I do not have any type of panel with controls on it. 
I am not sure if you have seen the box for the machine I am trying to mimic. 

I could not think of a clean way to incorporate those controls onto the screen with the size limitation I am at. (but that doesn't mean I wont figure one out)
For now I am just running it through the standard PC interface.
I do plan on making another screen with manual movement/jog controls  since I know I use them quite often... (Personally I don't like having control over these from any page like most screensets out there)

I have also been thinking about working on an interface between the 3dconnexion spaceball 5000 software and mach3

« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 12:04:45 PM by 1965Falcon »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 12:34:49 PM »
Good looking clean control. I like it. I also like the space ball.

I made the mistake of starting this one from scratch so it is going to be great fun copying over the diagnostics and settings screens which I intend to keep pretty much all of the same info as the standard screen.

I feel your pain there. This is a link to one I'm mimicing. http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,6204.0.html  The original is on the first page I think. I'm using a touchscreen to save money and I/O.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!