Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:42:49 AM

Author Topic: New Screen released ( Beta 1)  (Read 125440 times)

Re: New Screen released ( Beta 1)
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006, 02:20:23 AM »
Just curious, how do I do something like this?  What type of graphics programs are you using?  What type of time is involved?  Wish I was smarter!!! Dang!

ynneb

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 02:27:59 AM »
You can download a fully working 30 day trial of RealDrawPro from here http://www.mediachance.com/realdraw/
It is very easy to use. and if you want to buy the program it will only cost $55
Its not a matter of smartness, its just a matter of time, and looking at what others have already created and building on that.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 03:35:41 AM by ynneb »
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 12:11:28 AM »
Hi Benny, just downloaded and got up and running. They are beautiful looking, stunning!

For the way I persoally use Mach, I would need to see the RPM and speed over ride buttons,
and feed and over ride buttons preferably feed displayed in both IPM and inches per rev ( as in Chis' turn screens)
and the current tool number.
Also a flashing led when a tool change is being asked for.
I'd need a couple more G-code lines displayed.

The small display on the main page is fine, for me the display is about useless anyway.

You already know there are quite a few buttons not working.

Ipresume you've spent many hours on this, and the work shows. Thank you and I hope the comments of mine and others are not discouraging.

Jerry
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006, 12:15:12 PM »
Benny, I'm not running Mach yet but hope to once my replacement computer arrives. I run a 4 axis mill at the moment. I like your screen layout alot esp the configuration of the axis. Here's what I'd like to see for use in a milling application.

Change the Go To Zero button to Go To Position so that the operator can enter a position, whether that be zero or an absolute position. Having an Absolute/Incremental button would be handy so that doing a Go To move could be in relation to Zero or the current position.

On each axis create a means to toggle between Jog Continious/Jog Incremental. I use this all the time when locating an edge, I  jog .001" or .0005" when finding an edge. I also like to have a fast & slow continous jog.

Replace the jog '+' & '-' buttons with directional arrows as related to the tool movement. Place the arrows accordingly on the screen eg. <  > for the X axis,  up & down for the Z & Y axis , my little mind while in deep concentration sometimes needs a prompt to remember which direction is the '+' direction.

Create a seperate Home box for "Home X, Y, Z, ALL"  Wtih Home on each Axis control as you have it I'd be crashing Tools like crazy with my clumsy mouse control, I need that stuff away from the regular axis controls, I'm always tweaking movements up, down left, right etc.

Being able to to toggle between the GCode & Graphic screens would be handy while a job is running if the software would support it.

I'm sure I'll have some more input once my computer arrives & I load Mach to give it a try.
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 07:01:19 PM »
Benny,

Very nice looking screens.

One minor suggestion, I've elected to install MACH under the "Program Files" directory.  When a new version of MACH is installed, it lands in the same spot (maybe Art looks up the location in the registry?).  I also think that generic locations for the FONT folder can be indicated by something like %windows system%/fonts or some such thing (remember doing it a while back).  If that's too much work, then a choice of "other than" default installation directory for MACH might make sense.

Maybe I'm the only one who "organized" their PC this way (then again, maybe not :-)

Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Jeff
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2007, 10:51:19 AM »
Whats the deal here?
 I am trying to download this screen set,
but this link keeps looping be back to a log-in screen.

beachbum
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2007, 01:48:19 PM »
Hi Benny and John,
Great Job on the screen Benny! I am new to  Mach3, converting from AHA. Going through the forums to learn as much about Mach as I can and I came across the post about OffsetsArithDisp.TIF. I am at the point of learning how Mach handles  G52,G41 &G42 etc commands, whichs leads to my question to John. Did you nake this screen? If so is it something you would share? It looks like it would be very helpful in trouble shooting tool and work offsets.
thanks, RJ
ps part of what sold me on Mach3 was this forum and ALL the helpful persons that live here. :)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 05:15:50 PM »
Benny, is there any chance that you could just fix the "Display Mode" button on the Toolpath page of this screen set? I just love this screen set and I've spent hours trying to figure out how to fix it but I'm stumped....  :'( :-[

Thanks-
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline da21

•  87 87
    • View Profile
    • M-Machine
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 08:44:42 AM »
Hi Benny,

i have realdraw pro , are the bitmaps / project files  available for your screenset etc , and have you made further progress , as i'd love to expand on your excellent work with a few extras and help with bringing it into a fully functional set etc

following on from your earlier comments , i agree having just obtained realdraw over the weekend it sure makes it easier than using photoshop

Dave