Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:25:33 PM

Author Topic: An unfinished screen set - "Mach Blue"  (Read 134829 times)

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
Re: An unfinished screen set - "Mach Blue"
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2006, 08:57:12 PM »
Hi Mr. Bean,

Again, I wasn't complaining... you two have put too much good work on these screens for any gripes. Very minor "blems" have nothing to do with the usefulness you've provided!

I am curious... I noticed both your screen backgrounds, and those provided by the Mach3 install are not native 1024 x 768 72dpi. Is there a reason they are smaller nnnn x nnn 100dpi?

I used to do Desktop Publishing for years, and pixel / point per inch count was a big deal en route to the printers / imagesetters... especially for color separations. ;)

Paul, Central OR
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2006, 07:00:34 AM »
I checked the background images, and they are 72 pixels per inch.

The reason they are not 1024*768 exactly, is because some of the screen (at 1024*768), is occupied by things such as the "Windows TaskBar"
Even Mach has non graphical areas.  For example, the menu bar at the top of the screen, also there is a vertical border to one edge.

The screens were designed for a native resolution of 1024*768, and while Art has made some big improvements regarding screen stretching to display on higher res screens, they still fit better on a native 1024*768.

Regards Mr Bean.

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2006, 01:15:12 AM »
Hi santiniuk & Mr. Bean,

Another couple of items... While using the "Offsets" screen, I inadvertently clicked the Edge Finder Icon rather than the "Select" button for the X- axis. The "Y" DRO updated rather than the proper "X" axis. I checked the VB Scripts for the Edge Finder Icons and they are: Y+ is SetDRO(0, *-* X+ is SetDRO(1, *-* Y- is SetDRO(0, *-* X- is SetDRO(1,.

And the other... the "Center" icon is not centered.  :)
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2006, 05:39:17 PM »
hey i loaded the mach blue screen set.  Its great but when i load Mach3 with the blue screen it keeps saying Requesting emergency stop.  I hit the rest and it does nothing.  I keep getting the same message.  How can i fix it?

« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2006, 04:19:33 AM »
Krymis,

Apologies for the delay replying. For some weird reason, my internet provider (BT) is putting all of the notifications from this site into it's spam filter :(

I have to manually check the filter to see the posts on here.

Regarding the screenset this shouldn't cause any problems with the emergency stop feature.

By default what you describe occurs in Mach unless you go in and configure the port / pins etc.

Have you done this ?

Cheers
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2006, 01:01:50 AM »
Hi There,
I downloaded and started using the MachBlue screens recently. I keep experiencing
a problem in the Program Run screen. I get an ERROR 904 when I click on the Conversational button and the Material Selection screen comes up. The Pop-Up box asks if I want to attempt recovery. If I click on NO, Mach 3 errors and closes.
If I click YES, I get another pop-up with ERROR Code 9991.
Help! I love the MachBlue screens, but need to fix this problem if I want to continue using them.
nikl
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2006, 04:12:29 AM »
Nikl,

Apologies for the delay. Again my spam filter hid the automail from the board to alert me of your post.

Unfortunately, I am unable to veryify your problem as the Conversational  is an extra that needs to be purchased. (I think!)

I really need the help of someone else to check this problem.

I'm not sure if our screens would cause an error as they are basically just a front end calling up certain codes when buttons are clicked. Saying that I don't know Mach well enough to use it in anger.

Good luck, I hope you get an answer, sorry cannot be of more use.

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2006, 04:30:34 AM »
This is a confirmed bug.   Art knows about this one (i have the same problem. At This point i don't know if it is a Brian or Art problem. My unfortunate workaround is to unload mach blue  :(

Chad

« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2006, 04:35:37 AM »
:)

I did get a notify this time.

Thanks for the confirmation Chad. Not good news for Nikl but at least we know the problem exists.....

I'm not sure if there is anything we can do with the screenset to fix it ?  ???
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 08:49:21 AM by santiniuk »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2006, 08:47:13 AM »
Hi Guys:

Sorry, I was unaware of this one, its listed now for repair. So its only when the conversational button is pressed? Weird..
Art