Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:36:41 AM

Author Topic: Mach3, Opt Laser 5W and Aspire  (Read 10662 times)

Re: Mach3, Opt Laser 5W and Aspire
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2021, 12:30:05 PM »
Dear Allan,

I checked schematics today and both Enables are going trhough a STM microcontroller and are not as fast as analog and TTL line, this is why using them this way may not work.

I also studied Teweakie solution which is smart and allow to modulate the laser quickly.
http://www.tweakie.byethost10.com/27_files/Page1020.htm?i=1

Guys tell me if I'm wrong but I think we can use the PLH3D-CNC Adapter inputs a little odd way, but this should make it work.
I'm attaching the schematics of Tweakie circuit and Adapters Analog inputs.

Pin 17 is constantly giving PWM while pin 16 make it work in low state, the current starts to flow and optotransistor shortens the low TTL input of the laser controller.

I'm attaching part of the schematics of the both Analog inputs 10V and 5V. They are protected by Shottky diodes so applying higher voltage will not burn the input.
I could not find quickly if pin 16 is open collector or HIGH/LOW state output. If PIN 16 is open collector:

If we connect Pin 17 to the ANGIN 10V and PIN 16 to the ANGIN 5V we can make a circuit similar to Tweakie's one.
However we will have to change the logic of 16 PIN. When LOW it will switch off the laser and when OPEN it will switch ON the laser.
So this will probably just require to change command M11 with M10.

Does it make sense to you guys?

Offline A11an

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2021, 04:26:03 PM »
Hoping Tweakie can comment as I have no clue!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2021, 01:36:58 AM »
Hi Mateusz,

I can see how your circuit would work but perhaps using BoB Pins 8 & 9 for the Mach3 generated TTL level M11/M10 switching and PWM signals. There would be no problem in changing the logic state of the M11/M10 signal.
Obviously your circuit would have to be tested to prove it operates correctly but I have every confidence.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2021, 01:49:46 PM »
Hi Tweakie and Allan,

Here is the movie I made today:
https://youtu.be/iO8Lrhf3Aks

It looks that it is working. Also instead of 12 other voltages can be used but should be in range of 10-24V.
Lower than 10V on 10V ANGIN will result in lower power.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2021, 01:11:23 AM »
Looks like this solution would work.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2021, 05:29:21 AM »
For others that follow and just to tie up any loose ends…

The 74LS00 gate system mentioned earlier has now been tested and it works correctly with the OPT Lasers PLH3D-CNC adapter. However, another, unforeseen issue has arisen with the Mach3 Plugin for the UC400ETH motion controller. There appears to be some unwanted delays in the M11Px / M10Px switching times which are preventing acceptable laser operation. As Mach3 is now obsolescent (with development ending some 6 years ago) I would not expect any motion control manufacturer to spend any time working on their Mach3 plugins so this particular project has unfortunately come to the end of the line.

My opinion…
With the UC400ETH Mach3 plugin not working correctly and the Mach4 plugin not yet supporting the M63Px / M63Px commands (although I suspect it is not far away) the only sensible option, to have a laser equipped machine fully working today, would be to change the machine control software and use an alternative motion planner which better supports laser operation.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline A11an

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2021, 05:39:08 AM »
Thanks guys for all the support, I really appreciate the help, it's been nice that you've all worked with me even though I have limited knowledge.

It has been good to learn how to test and get more into depth of the CNC software.

Allan