Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:56:37 PM

Author Topic: CS Labs CSMIO/P-A  (Read 51067 times)

Re: CS Labs CSMIO/P-A
« Reply #310 on: August 31, 2018, 02:26:43 PM »
Hi,
that doesn't sound too good. You say 'the electric tripped', does this mean the circuit breakers of your 230VAC supply?

That should not happen and may be an early life failure. If you want to claim warranty which I think is reasonable then you can't
pull it to bits. If you did you'd measure the DC link voltage. I would also check that all six inverter IGBT's were not shorted nor the
brake IGBT.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #311 on: August 31, 2018, 03:19:48 PM »
Hi Craig
Yes the 240v breaker. Will have to send it back. Can set the other drive up but just concerned that something is wired wrong. Got the cable for the Somove now so will plug it in tomorrow and see what it says.
Cheeers
« Reply #312 on: August 31, 2018, 07:19:41 PM »
Hi,
in order to take out the breaker the DC Link has to short and as you describe the drive still powers up so the fault is unlikely the rectifier
or pre-charge components of the DC Link circuit.

Referring to the diagram attached if two 'opposing' IGBTs conduct simultaneously, for example the two highlighted, the DC Link would
short and certainly take out the breaker. The build up of current is that rapid and aggressive that the damage is unrecoverable.

As a matter of design that two IGBTs should conduct in that manner is an absolute failure, usually indicating a fault in one or both IGBTs. Its
extremely unlikely the control system would trigger both IGBTs together and certainly nothing you can do would cause it. If you have correctly
connected the servo, and from your description you had, otherwise it would not have worked initially, then there is no way your 'wiring'
could have caused it.

The only other possibility is if the Brake Resistor is shorted. If so, then the Brake IGBT conducts it would short the DC Link and cause a failure.
Do you have an external brake resistor? In its absence you did not install a link or short of any description?

By my reasoning if you have hooked up the servo correctly and not tried to back feed the drive with AC or DC or some other extraneous
condition, and you have not shorted the brake resistor then there is no condition that you have caused which could destroy the power section.
I conclude therefore that one or more components were faulty from manufacture and 'suffered an early life failure' as such faults are described.

Craig
« Reply #313 on: September 01, 2018, 08:09:43 AM »
Hi Craig

Thanks for the explanation. I agree it would not be a wiring issue. The connections to the mains are clearly marked on the plugs (Except for it gives you R1 and R2 for live and neutral. I wired live to R1).  It is impossible to wire the motor to drive wrong with pre-fab cables and the motor was jogging with no issues before I went away. (This was using the servo control panel) I was thinking more so with the connections coming from the CN1 50 pin plug.

I don't have an external brake resistor connected. According to the manual (Screen Shot attached), there is an internal braking resistor on CN7 but it looks a jumper wire has to be connected to activate it. But it also states the internal braking resistor is activated when shipped. 

Internal braking resistor A braking resistor is integrated in the device to absorb braking energy. The device is shipped with the internal braking resistor active.

Would there be any specific parameters that would need setting or de-activating that may have caused this?

Cheers
Mick
« Reply #314 on: September 01, 2018, 08:18:53 AM »
Hi,
I was thinking more so with the connections coming from the CN1 50 pin plug.
I imagine that there is any number of ways that you could miswire CN1  that might even wreck the input/output circuitry of CN1 but
that could not cause a short in the power section.

Would there be any specific parameters that would need setting or de-activating that may have caused this?
There again there might be any number of possibilities for it not to work but absolutely none of them should cause a fault in the power section.

Craig
« Reply #315 on: September 01, 2018, 09:29:38 AM »
Hi Craig

Thanks for the info. After taking a look at the CN7 plug I have noticed that the jumper wire for the Internal Brake is pre-connected. Should this have been disconnected prior to use?

I have connected the SoMove to the drive and have attached the Faults listed in the memory. I have tried clearing all the faults but when you try and enable the drive it brings them back.

Cheers 
« Reply #316 on: September 01, 2018, 05:01:34 PM »
Hi Mick,

After taking a look at the CN7 plug I have noticed that the jumper wire for the Internal Brake is pre-connected. Should this have been disconnected prior to use?
No, according to the pic you posted  earlier  the installed link is for the internal resistor. If you have not disturbed it then it should be correct.
As I view it you could miswire that link so that there is no resistor either external or internal and that could cause a damaging fault. If you have not touched
it however it seems unlikely.

Those shots of So Move screens suggest that the software is very slick.

I'm not surprised that you cannot erase the error log, what would be the point of retaining a log only to have a customer erase it at will? The log
looks like a buffer, as more recent errors or warnings occur the old error codes will drop out the bottom.

The only one which surprises me is the foldback current error. From what you have described there is no way you could cause the servo
to absorb enough current that current foldback became active in the drive. That would be the instant the drive 'threw a leg out of bed' I guess.

Craig
« Reply #317 on: September 02, 2018, 06:58:26 AM »
Hi

I will speak to Schneider tomorrow and send the drive back. I'll put another drive on order and hopefully get a refund.

Thanks for looking at this.

Mick
« Reply #318 on: September 09, 2018, 02:49:25 PM »
Hi Mick,
what did Schnieder decide to do?

Craig
« Reply #319 on: September 09, 2018, 05:04:57 PM »
Hi Craig
New drive coming this week. No questions asked but had to send the old drive back so they can test it.
Cheers
Mick