Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:00:19 PM

Author Topic: Impact engraving plugin  (Read 359240 times)

Re: Impact engraving plugin
« Reply #330 on: January 28, 2017, 03:16:52 AM »
how should I control the power of laser power supply while engraving??

In your case you have to stop the engraving, change the PWM (spindle speed), then start engraving again.

This is one of the reasons I have a manual control of laser power (as shown in my earlier diagram) - I can change laser power mid session.

Tweakie.

I have connected my board as you see in the following diagram to the laser power supply and I have allocated Digit Trig of Mach 3 to pin 16 and port 1, but when it is engraving with this plugin the laser power is  such a low that the engraved picture is unclear and i cannot set the laser power to solve this problem. when I measured voltage of wires which are connected to input power supply of TL and G while engraving, it's maximum is 0.30 or less. please kindly check the diagram to see whether connections are true or not??!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 28, 2017, 03:23:30 AM »
You appear to have connected the laser power supply correctly.

Refer to my pdf document for setting up Mach3 for optimum results http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,16446.msg236132.html#msg236132

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #332 on: January 28, 2017, 03:36:44 AM »
You appear to have connected the laser power supply correctly.

Refer to my pdf document for setting up Mach3 for optimum results http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,16446.msg236132.html#msg236132

Tweakie.
Sorry. I read your document ,but I didn't understand!! Could you please send me your setting pictures of Match 3 ??

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 28, 2017, 04:50:19 AM »
Could you please send me your setting pictures of Match 3 ??

Sorry but that is not possible at the moment.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #334 on: January 28, 2017, 04:57:06 AM »
And how are they better than a spring?

Dan
Instead of a Spring pushing the Lever, you have 4 Magnets Two in the Lever and two more in the base each oposing another letting the lever float , when you give the impact it resists and send it Back up , when the other magnet stops it and so on
« Reply #335 on: January 28, 2017, 05:32:40 AM »
link=topic=16446.msg236211#msg236211 date=1485587511]
Hi . I talk to Tomura for His plugin(TomTom) and Hi send it to me.
I want to ask You: I have to make some special settings if I want to use for impact engraving?
[/quote]No.Not special but adjust stepover according to size.I use 0,20 for big works.and 0,05 for pendants.

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #336 on: January 28, 2017, 10:30:58 AM »

Dan
Instead of a Spring pushing the Lever, you have 4 Magnets Two in the Lever and two more in the base each oposing another letting the lever float , when you give the impact it resists and send it Back up , when the other magnet stops it and so on

Hi Jan,

Thanks for explaining. In your video I can see a spring there as well - what is its purpose?

Dan

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #337 on: January 28, 2017, 10:32:11 AM »
I want to ask You: I have to make some special settings if I want to use for impact engraving?

Can you share his email please? How can I ask him to use his plugin as well?

Dan
« Reply #338 on: January 28, 2017, 11:29:50 AM »

Dan

Hi Jan,

Thanks for explaining. In your video I can see a spring there as well - what is its purpose?

Dan
in my machine before i start a work the lever goes down.I guess its because i have set the output as high ,so whem the axis start it could scratch the workpiece.Só i use the Spring to reinforce ig up.In the new head i took it off
« Reply #339 on: January 28, 2017, 01:42:53 PM »

Can you share his email please? How can I ask him to use his plugin as well?

Dan
send me your email