Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:02:15 PM

Author Topic: Impact engraving plugin  (Read 358301 times)

Re: Impact engraving plugin
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2010, 04:32:46 PM »
 I have triple checked everything. Yes I do have the plug in ver 2.00.075 enabled. I have pin 8 selected and enabled on port 1 for the digit/engrav
I have tried using different pins for the output but no joy. I can get the XY to move with no problems . The plug in seems to work fine except no output on the pin checked with both a driver wired to pin 8 and using a scope. On that or any other pin.
Here is my xml.
 Dan

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2010, 02:52:26 AM »
Hi Dan,

I had a quick look at your xml.

You have the output configured to pin 8 OK but I also notice that motor3 step pin and motor6 step pin are also shown as configured to pin 8 - perhaps something to check.

Now this is a stupid question but you are running the full licensed version and not a demo ?  licensed to Abdul Mahman ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2010, 11:34:59 AM »
  But it should also show that the A axis motor (3) is not enabled. But I think I will delete that anyway.
Yes I got sloppy. I have a legal license but when my old PC died  and I installed mach3 on my new  bench PC I loaded it from a CD that happened not to have my license on it. I;ll change that today.

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2010, 02:14:25 PM »
  I can I ask you to email me a copy of your xml file to see if that will solve the problem?

dmauch@camtronics-cnc.com

Hi Dan,

I had a quick look at your xml.

You have the output configured to pin 8 OK but I also notice that motor3 step pin and motor6 step pin are also shown as configured to pin 8 - perhaps something to check.

Now this is a stupid question but you are running the full licensed version and not a demo ?  licensed to Abdul Mahman ?

Tweakie.
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2010, 07:19:41 PM »
Setting up impact engraving shouldn't be this hard.
The only documentation that I have seen is that from robomar.
I have followed his instructions.
I have loaded the plugin
I have enabled the plug in
I have enabled the digit trig and set the port to 1 and the pin to 8
I have verified there are no other pins set to pin 8 that are enabled.
I have loaded the plugin and loaded a jpg picture.
I have set the plugin length and width to 3 and the stepover to .1, feed rate 30
The plugin calcualates the image pixels and the other data.
I press start scanning
In the diagnostic screen I can see that the X is moving and then the y moves the step over amount.
There is no indication that there is any other activity such as pin 8 being pulsed.
Again with a scope on pin 8 and ground while the scanning is running their is no activity shown on the scope but the pulse stream is seen on the X and Y pins
When any of the other pins are selected for the digit trig there is no pulse stream
When I load the program onto another PC and run the same plug in I get no reading on which ever pin I selected as the output for digit trig.
There must be something else that causes pin 8 to pulse or the plugin for whatever reason isn't sending the pulse stream for pin 8 or any other pin set up in the config file.
What am I missing?
This shouldn't be that difficult.
Dan

Hi Dan:

Not sure what could stop it.. hmm. Make sure no other signal is set to that pin, that could kill it..
I cant think of the top of head anythign else that woudl stop it, must work I see too many examples..

Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2010, 10:30:06 PM »
Dan:

Can it be version? That plugin only works after a certain Mach3 version. ( Though I wrote it over 2 years ago I think..).
I took a look through the driver code and I dont see any other setting thats needed. If the driver is current it should work.
Im a bit too bogged down at the moment to set it all up to diagnose it here, but after next Gearotic release I can do all that
and tell you if it works here. ( though tweakie and the others seem to be running it.
  What version of MAch3 are you guys running it on? Perhaps it only works on an older version and isnt working on current?
There must be something funky going on...

Art

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2010, 02:40:36 AM »
This shouldn't be that difficult.
Dan

Quite right Dan, it should not be that difficult.

I am running Mach3 version 3.042.020 and using the latest DLL that Art has provided. (I don't think my xml would be helpful as pin assignments are different and I work in metric units - not only that, I don't want everybody to know it is licensed to Papa *********X  ;D ;D)

One thing comes to mind...... The pluugin reduces my laser power density as the axis slows (decelerates) at the end of a line and ramps it up again as the axis accelerates during the start of the next line. If it didn't do this it would cut deeper at the start and finish of each line.
It is just possible that the feedrate you have set is not enough to see any output on the trigger pin so try increasing your feedrate to 300 or something and see what happens then. Just a thought.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2010, 03:51:02 AM »
Hi Dan

The new DLL seems to work perfectly...

I am running Mach3 version 3.042.020 licensed and using the latest DLL that Art has provided.

For configuration, I just did what I explained at the beginning.

Also, I have made a box with the electronics inside and connect that to second parallel port inside the PC and work perfectly, so that they disengage from the fourth axis and make that the most versattile and portable to any CNC.

If possible, put a photo the next day.

Thanks,
Andrea

--  I am sorry for my bad English, I hope I never say the wrong things  --

Offline obal

•  14 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2010, 03:53:40 AM »
Hallo Dan.
In pin 8 is impulse short for laser. ( 40 micro sec.)
For electromagnet you have to impulse pull min. on 10 milli sec. Here's problem.
Your system is OK.   Impulses you pin 8 certainly runs.
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2010, 04:02:19 PM »
 I think I am making prgress but am wondering why your screen looks different than mine?