Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:22:42 PM

Author Topic: Impact engraving plugin  (Read 358305 times)

Re: Impact engraving plugin
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2011, 01:51:10 PM »
Sorry tweakie did you mean the laser power supply?
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2011, 01:55:05 PM »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2011, 02:17:46 AM »
Just wanted to check that we are talking about the same type of  EHT power supply (PSU).

My interpretation of the use of this type of PSU’s is that the ‘IN’ terminal is used to set the maximum output current that is required for the job in hand (all tubes have a maximum current, which should not be exceeded, which is in turn related to their wattage). This maximum current can be set by applying a DC voltage (0 – 5 Volts) or by applying a PWM signal (0 – 100%). The best method is a matter of choice and I just happen to have chosen a DC voltage but there is no reason why PWM should not be used. The actual tube current is set and or varied by the ‘TTL’ terminal using a variable duty cycle (0 - 100% mark space ratio). This can be achieved either by a Pulse Width Modulated signal or by a Pulse Repetition Frequency signal and again it is a matter of choice which is used.
To use the Mach3 Laser / Engraving plugin the maximum tube current should be set to suit the material then the actual tube current is varied, as necessary, by the PRF output from the Digital Trigger. The output pin used to link the Digital Trigger to the TTL terminal must not be mapped to any other function within Mach. The output pin used to link the speed PWM to the IN terminal must not be mapped to any other function within Mach. From here on it is just a matter of fine tuning to get the best results.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2011, 03:40:46 AM »
Thanks Tweakie I will look into it .I have some difficulties of understanding 100% but i will give it a try.How can I attach my schematic file?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2011, 03:54:14 AM »
Click the 'Reply' button below to enter full reply mode then select insert image (number 2, second row of icons)

By 100% I am meaning Continuous Wave (CW) operation.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2011, 06:51:58 AM »
Tweakie do you have mail that I can send you because I cant send it through this post.i dont know why!Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2011, 06:54:28 AM »
PEACE
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2011, 08:12:05 AM »
hello

I used this plugin with a laser, pin1 connecting the port directly to the power supply of the laser (ttl)

but unless I activate the laser speed with less power ??? more speed work to more power is the laser ???

to 3m/min. not turn on the laser, and 20m/min. the laser work perfect whit your power.

why is it so?
MACH3'll have the bad configuration?

thank you very mach

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2011, 10:27:54 AM »
Hi Stitos,

When raster scanning the axis has to accelerate from zero to full speed at the start of each line and then decelerate from full speed to zero at the end of each line (as defined under the motor tuning parameters). If the power level was not reduced proportional to the axis speed then the laser would cut deeper as it slows towards the end of travel.
Getting the power level and / or feed rate just right perhaps requires a bit of practice.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2011, 10:39:58 AM »
hello

His work is perfect.

Could send me a screen the configuration of the motor tuning? to get for an example

Thank you very mach