Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:25:55 AM

Author Topic: New PlugIn just about done..  (Read 181637 times)

Re: New PlugIn just about done..
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2007, 10:34:12 AM »
...and it works perfect! :)
Plz excuse my english, I'm german :-D
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2007, 05:30:53 AM »
Hi all.

I would just like to say that the Shuttle pro 2 works fantastic on my machine inner and outer rings using USB 1.1

I wish they were the other way round though IE the inner ring is OK but the outer when fast is too slow if that makes sense.

Phil_H
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2007, 04:03:02 AM »
I noticed another problem...

If i turn on the spindle, the signal for it turns on (blinkin). Also if i turn on the flood-cooling.
But the signals in the pendant-screen (TAB-key) that stand for axis-selection (Y, Y, Z, etc) or the cont/Inc-signal don't work.
They do if i click them by mouse, but not by the shuttle-click.

And in the german screen from Christoph-selig (einfach-cnc.de) the signal for the jog-rate doesn't work, too, which is the most important error for me.
He uses 4 signals with the data written in front of it, Art has some kind of text-field that changes the numbers of the feed.

So when i press the "Cycle Jog Inc"-Button the numbers (of feed) change ona Art's screen, but the signals of Selig's german-screen don't.

So, what can i do to make this work?
Is there any way how i can "copy" the feed-text-field from arts screen to Selig's screen?

I hope someone can understand this, it's early in the morning and my english didn't get up yet  ;D
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2007, 04:18:53 PM »
Hmm, can anyone help me with this?
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2007, 04:01:34 PM »
Gents
I'm about buying a shuttle xpress, the little round one. What plugin is needed for this and what functions will be possible to assign to the buttons?
Thanks for advise!
Regards
Holger

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2007, 12:12:37 AM »
This may have been asked before.  If so I apologize.

ShuttlePro.  Can we have a button that can act like the Ctrl key ?

I have macros assigned to a couple of buttons and it would not be pretty if they were accidentally activated.

I would like to set a two button press to activate the macro.

Greg
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2008, 03:44:46 PM »
Greg,
Do you have a separate thread about using your autozero routine with the shuttle pro?   If so, post a link please.   I saw your video of you using it, and I had to have one.  I got it for Christmas.  Looking forward to getting my autozero working on the Shuttle pro too. 

Actually, I had some trouble installing my shuttle pro, so it is sitting unused.   I'll try again tonight maybe.

To all:
Here's what I plan to do to install it correctly.   
1.  Ignore all manufacturer's installation instructions.  (ie, don't install the CD's software)
2.  Download the Mach3 .dll installer
3.  Install the .dll and verify it's in the /mach3/plugins folder
4.  Run Mach3 and configure the plugin
5.  Start spinning the dials to move the gantry.

How am I doing?   Did I miss any steps. 

EDIT:
Add step 6.  Press the yellow "config" button found under the Mach3 pull down  "Config >Config plugin >ShuttlePro"
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 10:12:59 PM by DavidCousins »

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2008, 05:18:55 PM »

David

Your installation plan looks fine.  The hardest part is deciding on a button layout.  ;D

Copy your zero script to a notebook file and save it as M650.m1s

Place this file in Mach3 / macros / Mach3mill folder   (or the folder with the name of the profile you use)

Then in the Shuttle plugin assign a button to "Custom macro #1"  and put 650 in the Macro number 1 box

That should do it.  Just remember if you ever alter your zero macro, to do it in both places.  Button Script and Macro folder.

Greg
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2008, 09:54:15 PM »
Greg, et-al,
Ok, I accomplished my plan. 
1. ignored the boxed software
2. installed the Shuttle Pro .dll file
3. I ran mach3 and configured the plugins.  (Interesting, the shuttle pro was already checked.)
4. I closed mach3 - and opened mach3
5. twisted the shuttle pro knobs.

Here's the result. 
Very simply,
a. I can only move the x axis.  (good news both dials work as advertised)
b. I can't find any triggers to modify or configure the shuttle pro. 
c. Therefore, I don't know what the buttons are supposed to do, or change their settings.
d. All buttons are unresponsive

Any thoughts?  What didn't I do correctly?
Dave

EDIT:  To configure the shuttle pro 2, go to Config Plugins> Press the yellow Config button to the right of the ShuttlePro setting. 
All buttons can be configured. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 10:09:57 PM by DavidCousins »
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2008, 09:59:49 PM »
Hey, good news.  Reading all data again, I think I found the configuration button.  Sorry for the previous email.  I'll report back my success.

edit:  IT WORKS GREAT!  Thanks to all of you guys and particularly Greg who published a video showing his cool new macros.   I think it was the laser edge finder video that got me wanting this Shuttle PRO2. 

Dave
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 10:07:20 PM by DavidCousins »