Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:04:17 PM

Author Topic: New PlugIn just about done..  (Read 181650 times)

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: New PlugIn just about done..
« Reply #180 on: August 21, 2014, 10:26:46 PM »
Yes it will, Ray. Art has been releasing versions of the parallel port driver for several weeks now.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2014, 10:36:45 PM »
Yes it will, Ray. Art has been releasing versions of the parallel port driver for several weeks now.

Then they need to update the web-site.  It still indicates demo only.  IThe PP plug-in page even says: "Do Not buy this product if you need to run, operate, or control a machine."

Regards,
Ray L.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:50:28 PM by HimyKabibble »
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2014, 07:21:01 AM »
Officially M4 and the PP plugin are still in testing, so I'd guess the website won't change until M4 is officially released.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2014, 10:23:43 AM »
Grimey,

sorry, was not "shouting", just forgot I had my caps lock on, was working on another project at the time.

The SDK...  for M4 may and probably will "Change Again" according to Steve. So, on larger projects it might make sense for things to "settle down" before investing the LARGE BLOCK of TIME that a large plugin requires.

Scott
fun times
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2015, 08:06:10 PM »
New user question on the shuttlexpress ....
Got the v3 plugin installed and 5 buttons configured as: x/y/z/ none/ increment cycle

The thing is I jog an axis (outer dial / rapid jog), and release the button and the axis although nearly stops, continues to coast at a very slow step rate, until I use an estop or jog the outer wheel in the opposite direction (which sometimes halts it)

Setup is usb ss with a cheap parrallel port bob and tuned leasdshine am882 steppers on three seperate supplies
42v for steppers (switch mode ps), 12v smps, with a 5v isolated ps for the bob.  The ss is powered by the PC 5v usb.

Dell dimension 5000 PC running xp plus 1gb ram with usb keyboard mouse shuttlexpress (manufactures driver uninstalled) and usb ss with latest usb driver and plugin installed

At the moment I'm just doing some touch probe work (probeit) and the jog with the shuttle pro just is not happy and continues a slow coast in the same direction as the shuttlexpress jogged direction.

Unplugging the shuttlexpress and using the keyboard jog keys and I have no issues

Suggestions welcome

New bob on the way (need more ports plus hoping to provide some noise filtering using a cm-106 bob at 24v when I get round to firing up the plasma (new can of worms maybe with a usb ss bought a long time ago, may change to a ess in the end)

Thanks

Rob
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2017, 11:55:14 PM »

can used in shuttle mode?
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2017, 04:16:38 PM »
Hi,

Can you turn on a LED to know which axis is selected?

Thanks
Roberto