Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:58:40 AM

Author Topic: New PlugIn just about done..  (Read 181632 times)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: New PlugIn just about done..
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2013, 04:46:21 AM »
You are correct, it should indeed stop as I use the Shuttle all the time and do not experience that at all. What version of Mach are you using?

Ref all has to be set up as a macro to be able to do all axes.

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2013, 05:22:11 AM »
If it's of any interest...

Something very similar regarding axis creep after jogging came up here http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,23460.0.html

As far as I know, it was not resolved.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2013, 10:04:21 AM »
Hi, i use Mach3R3.043.058 german version

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2013, 11:27:04 AM »
May be something totaly different but useing game controllers, sometimes as the controller sits there it can loose center position, has the same effect as slightly pushing the stick and causeing the axis to creep.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline tipit

•  22 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2013, 12:35:40 AM »
Hi to every one
I have been reading just about every post on this tread and couldn't find a solution for my problem which is that my shuttle pro2 suddenly stop now and then.
Sometime it will work for hours and other time it's up for 5 minutes and out it goes.
I'm using Mach3 Ver. 3.042 040 on Win XP
Thank you

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2013, 10:05:12 PM »
My shuttle Pro became intermittent as well. I found the USB cable intermittent. Broken wire from so much handling. It was bad right were the cable goes into the shuttle. Typical of about any well used device with a cord eventually.
 I opened it up, unsoldered the wires from the circuit board, and cut enough off the end of the cable to eliminate the bad part, stripped and soldered it back on the board. It was fine after that.
 Next time I'll replace the whole cable because I quite often find it twisted up. I think because every time I pick it up I do the same hand motion which turns the shuttle and twists the cable. I can't seem to break that habbit.

Mine also creeps on occasion. I thought maybe it was because of dirt in or under the rotory control. But I can also imagine that there must be a set of balanced springs to return the rotary dial to the center position. I'm not sure how it works. Maybe they are getting weak or something. If it gets to bother me I'll take it apart.

Sage

Offline tipit

•  22 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2013, 05:42:17 PM »
Hi,
I have try to open it and it gust do not want to open, any special way to do this.
Thank you

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2013, 05:54:03 PM »
I don't remember any difficulty getting it apart. It has six screws on the bottom that are visible. Possibly one more under the sticker in the center and maybe a couple under the rubber feet at the bottom. You may also have to remove the central rotary knob. It's been a while but I think after that the bottom just comes off easily. Maybe yours is different.

Sage

Offline tipit

•  22 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2013, 11:32:45 PM »
Thank you for your help.
The screws that wasn't visible where under the rubber feet,remove those and it comes apart, the trouble seem to be where the wire enter the shuttle.
I was using it with an extension of 6feet, while I was at it I change the original wire for a 14 feet, now it's working like the first day I bought it and further more no extension.

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2013, 08:32:34 PM »
Hmmm. 14ft. There is technical limit to how long a USB cable can/should be. I believe it's 6ft.
If you experience any other odd problems be suspect of the long cable. May not be problem since the data rate over the cable is pretty low.
I'm not surprised you found the problem where I suggested. You can expect it to go bad there again in the future. Not unlike a lot of equipment with cables.

Good show.

Sage