Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 09:54:58 PM

Author Topic: Screendesigner "machscreen"  (Read 122155 times)

Offline Pythagoras

•  93 93
  • a² + b² = c²
    • View Profile
Re: Screendesigner "machscreen"
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2009, 06:46:12 PM »
When assigning a gcode to a button, it froze the whole program.
I couldnt even close it via Control/Alt/Delete

This is a great screen designer, but I think I might check back in a few months once you guys have made it stable
I'm over beta testing software for the moment.

Greg, can you give me a hoi once you think its there.

Great work Klaus, you're onto a winner.

Benny
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 06:50:24 PM by Pythagoras »
The Pythagorean theorem: The sum of the areas of the two squares on the legs (a and b) equals the area of the square on the hypotenuse (c).     a² + b² = c².

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2009, 07:00:07 PM »
Thanks for verifying Greg.

Thanks Benny.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2009, 03:51:45 AM »
Hi all

the bug is in version 1.19.2 fixed.

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2009, 05:05:16 PM »
Klaus, I have been playing with Machscreen a little more today. I can't tell you thank you enough. It has a few bugs but if they get hammered out it will be amazing IMO. I looked at the ports and pins for a profile an when I tried to exit I got the Machscreen has encountered an error and needs to close message.

One addition I think would be extreamly nice if you feel up to it would be the ability to print the overview and Hotkeys pages and/or export them as a spread sheet.  Another would be if you could edit properties of objects from the overview page. Lastly, if you could parse the image location so that the folder name only could be changed.

This is great Klaus.  :)  :)  :)  Let me know if I can help with any thing.

Brett

« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2009, 07:51:34 AM »
Hi

@Brett I cannot reproduce the ports and pins problem, could you please tell me step by step, what you have done and send me your xml file. About your wishes I will think about, but this will take some time.

Klaus
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 06:15:54 PM by Graham Waterworth »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2009, 10:12:44 AM »
Klaus, I have not been able to recreate the problem with the ports/pins check. It may have been related to this. I was testing, building a new screen and went to view, over view. Went back to design view and I couldn't select any object except the Image I was using for a background. So I unlocked it and moved it down so i could get to some buttons I had put on the screen earlier. This is when I got the error this time. When this happens, it takes a few minutes for the program to end task from task manager.

The more I play the more I learn. This is looking very promising Klaus.

I did see where 2 more features would be very helpful too. Not asking you to work yourself to death to implement but would love to suggest.
A snap to grid where the x and y spaceing can be entered and very important IMO is the ability to have layers. Layers that have lockable positions, reveal and hide views, and the ability to be moved up and down in the tree. Each item could be moved up and down individually.

I also sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Brett

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2009, 10:40:31 AM »
Layers with Z levels would be awesome !! Especialy when I put a transparent button over an LED. Now you need to move the button to access the LED, which is a pain, because it's transparent and can get lost easily. Being able to change an LED under a button with the button on place would make things soooo much easier. ;D
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2009, 12:44:38 PM »
Hi Brett

layers wont help, because they don't fit in the set-file structure and Mach3 doesn't use it either. The align feature and moving the selected items with the arrow - keys, (the pos is shown on top of the dialog) give you almost the same ability.

Klaus

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2009, 02:23:28 PM »
layers wont help, because they don't fit in the set-file structure and Mach3 doesn't use it either.

Thanks Klaus, Would it be possible to have layers in a Machscreen format (working file) and then export as a .set file without layers? As Gerry pointed out, layers would be a huge benefit but we have managed without them in the past. It would be extremely nice though. 

Your right about the positioning Klaus. I think a grid would make design work easier in design view but not necessary.

Thanks,
Brett

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2009, 05:05:17 PM »
I missed this if it has been said. How do you select a button for editing if it has been assigned as global in the past?

Brett