Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:59:23 PM

Author Topic: Screendesigner "machscreen"  (Read 121553 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Screendesigner "machscreen"
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2009, 04:27:11 PM »
Hey Klaus,

Nice job on the fixes........  I found a few more bugs.........

I have attached a screen shot for your review.

Here is what I am seeing,  even though you set the screen size for lets say 1024x768, (the screen shot shows my screen 2 the MDI screen), same screen set that I sent you.
What I am seeing here is the screen set has a "Back ground" color of Light Blue, and as you can see the Back ground color Stops and does not go all the way down to the bottom
of the "Frame size" outline (the frame size is turned on). it shows white space the Blue background color just stops......  it has a Read Dotted Line boarder around it which I am not sure what that represents? It is smaller than the Solid Red line boarder (for the Frame Extends). The back ground color is not a bit map eigther.

Also, at the top of the screen shot on the various pages, a Small bit of Screen is below the menu items and will over lay the real screen, it is like the "OnPaint()" function is only
redrawing 5-10 or so pixels below the Menu into the client area so some screen stuff never gets redrawn.........

I guess Brain did not buy the Screen designer you did from you, so for those of us who do make commercial screens what is the cost of making those screens with your designer?

scott
fun times
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2009, 03:43:05 AM »
Hi Scott,

the first point you are mentioning, is not a bug. The screen size you set at creation time is not saved to the *.set file. The dotted line shows the max outline of the controls used on that page, accordingly the background is painted.

to save me time, searching for the page where the menu items overlap the screen, please give me the page number, so I can have a closer look at that.

as I mentioned earlier, this program is freeware and can be used from everyone. The only restriction is, it may not be sold.

Klaus

The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2009, 07:27:54 AM »
Scott

I seems to me that the dotted line and background colour only go as far as to encompass any components on that page and not necessarily to the frame extents.

Where it becomes confusing in your example is that some of the components at the bottom of the page are actually considered to be on page 0.

That is they are shown on all screens.  Every component that "shows on all screens" are on page 0.

Greg

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2009, 07:41:11 AM »
Klaus:   The page in the screen shot is Page 2, the MDI page, of the screen set I sent you.

Klaus and Greg:  At the bottom of my screens I have a mixture of both Page 0 items, and Non-page 0 items.

On the screen shot I showed you, (Klaus please load up the screen set I sent you), once you load it up, goto page 2 (for instance), and also other pages
you will set that the Back ground color will change its "Extends" range in a random fashion, mabey not a big deal, but it is confusing as to why?
Also, I have noticed when flipping between screens, at the top of the "Child Client area", about 5-10 pixels directly below the menu bar, there is an area that,
never seams to get redrawn once you start flipping around the Pages, (to include page 0).

It may be something Crazy, because I am running Vista 64, it has done OTHER goofy things to me, in my own development stuff that is Hair pulling at the least.

Commercial Use:  Ahhh, I understand now, so your saying that we cannot SELL you Screen designer, BUT, we can sell the screens we make with it, ok that clears it up for me.

BTW:  Please, Please dont thinkg I am ungratefull, I am very pleased with the amazing amount of work you have done in fixing many of the long term grips that we screen designers have had to live with.  Thank you so very, very much for all you have done, and your super fast response time to bug (or idiosyncracy) fixes.

scott
fun times
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2009, 12:09:58 PM »
Hi

@Scott as I wrote in my previous post, the page size isn't saved to the *.set file. At loadtime I look for the largest extension per page. When the page is selected the background and the dotted line frame is shown in that range. BTW, on page 1 right to the button off1200 your DRO is formatted to a 16 digit wide number? The problem with unpainted parts under the menubar I couldn't reproduce.

I changed a few things, like graying the toolbar when changing to view -> overview, view -> hotkey
Did someone some testing with options -> ports / pins?

Klaus

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2009, 02:08:04 PM »
Hi All
How do I change the machscreen from german to English
  Thank you  klmark
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2009, 02:17:08 PM »
Hi klmark

Extras -> Einstellungen -> Sprachauswahl

Klazs

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2009, 08:33:51 PM »
Klaus,

Yea that screen set also serves as a test screen, I formatted that one DRO like that cause I was posting 16 bit values from the Modbus to it.

scott
fun times

Offline Pythagoras

•  93 93
  • a² + b² = c²
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2009, 01:48:27 AM »
I only just noticed this thread and downloaded the designer.
I look forward to experimenting with it.
Thanks for building it.

Benny

EDIT: The first time it opened in English, now it opens in another language, and I dont know how to change the settings.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 01:51:43 AM by Pythagoras »
The Pythagorean theorem: The sum of the areas of the two squares on the legs (a and b) equals the area of the square on the hypotenuse (c).     a² + b² = c².
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2009, 03:25:49 AM »
Hi Benny

I changed that behaviour in version V1.18. You can change the language settings: Extras -> Einstellungen -> Sprachauswahl.

Klaus