Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:33:07 PM

Author Topic: Screendesigner "machscreen"  (Read 122151 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Screendesigner "machscreen"
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2009, 04:42:40 PM »
Klaus,

Found a few more "Bugs" if you will........

1).  I cannot "save" or "Save as" a file with evil Windows Vista 64 bit.
2).  I cannot copy and then paste into higher pages, I am in pages 20+ and for some reason it will not paste there. (also see 3 below).
3).  Is there any way that you can make it where you can click on an object then hit the Keys "Ctr + C", and then "Ctr + V" and have it
past slightly lower and to the right of the current object with the copied object (like Screen3 and 4 does), WITHOUT having to go through the
Questionare dialog everytime you want to copy paste something.
4). Can you make it in the Object dialog properties box, that you can copy and paste INTO the box.  For instance, If I have UserLabel1, 2, and 3, I can copy
UserLabel and then when I create the copies of the object above, I can click and paste it into the "text box" and then just add the number, must faster
than having to retype the same thing, over, and over again.  Also, the things in the property boxes, can you make it where they will stay there?
What I mean by this is:  Lets say you put something in a property box, and then you click on some other object on your screen cause you forgot what you put
on that last one. When you go back to the properties box after clicking out of it. When you click back in the whole words turn blue, there is no way to just put
the cursor at that end of that word and continue with what you where doing. you have to retype it all.  (kinda back to the property of being able to copy/paste in a way).
5). Is there any way you can add a way to put Multiple lines on a Button??? (that may be an internal mach thing, dont know).
6). Is there any way you could add a "Check box" next to your "Add" object button that when checked would drop an object over and over again, for each click of the mouse.
so for instance, if you wanted to put 20 LEDs, you could tick the box, and then where ever you would left clidk with the mouse on the screen, it would drop an LED. When
it was UN checked then you would only get ONE drop per click then you have to go and re hit the ADD button for the next object (like it does now).

7). I guess this one here would be a "Want" instead of a need. On the VB entry, is there any way that, that could be made a large BOX that would take multiple lines, (like in
screen3), that way you can scroll up and down to look at code you have Higher up, (or lower down), and see complete chunks of it at a time. It is kinda hard to "Bug chase"
on a single line.

scott
fun times
« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2009, 10:14:14 AM »
Hi Scott,

this is a really big list. If I remember well, Brian is working an an Screen4. Does it make sense, to put more work into MachScreen?. If so, I'll gladly make more changes and fixings.

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.
« Reply #142 on: August 14, 2009, 03:25:11 AM »
Hi Scott,

I have a view questions and comments about your list.

1) do get an error message (what message), or is your file just not saved?
2) this is a bug and will be fixed
3) this questionnaire dialog was added because of the request to insert objects in more / different pages. Do you have suggestions, how to do this in another way?
4) When you double click the text, the whole text is selected, with the arrow key right, the text is deselected and the cursor is put at the end can be edited.
5) Mach does not handle multiple lines
6) If MachScreen is of interest for you and others after the new release of Mach4, I will implement that
7) Do you mean the frame size of the edit window?

Klaus

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 14, 2009, 09:46:23 AM »
Mach version 4, I suspect reality will be a Stable (usable release) wont be ready till the end of the year. Like all things the first releases that are earlier than that will be bug chases for a while..........  so, until then..........   (also, Mabey you can ask Brian if YOU can do the Screen designer for Mach version 4, you obviously have the talent for it!!).

On to your questions, or my questions.......

1). Not when I hit "Save or Save As" the Basic Window outline pops up, but it is blank, nothing at all within the boarders and it hangs so bad I have to kill it with the "task manager".
I get no errors........ since it just hangs........

2). Thanks.

3).  Yes, perhaps put a "check box" that when it is checked, when you copy an object "Ctr + C", you can then just hit the Paste "Ctr + V" and it will drop the object right next to the object your copying, (look at screen 3 or 4, click on an object, hit "Ctr + C", then "Ctr + V" and you will see what I am asking for.

4). Ok, BUT, can you make it where you can copy the text out of the parameters, so that if you want a simular object, you can then paste that text into the parameter and modify
it slightly to the changes you want on the copied object. (Basically the ability to copy and paste stuff into and out of the Properties dialog window, any one of the properties).
Further, can you make it where when you Single click one of theproperty boxs of the object it will highlight all, BUT if you double click it will insert the cursor at the end or where your double clicking at.

5). Figured that to be true, perhaps you can ask Brian again........ if you can do the Screen designer for version 4, (and have stuff like Multiple lines on Buttons, labels, and add a Horizontal slider).

6). Is there ANY way you would consider adding that feature now? It is VERY, usefull since you often have to put multiples of things on a screen like DROS, LEDs, labels, buttons, etc., arrange them, then get to editing what they do. it is a MAJOR time saver.

7). Forget this one, I screwed up................. sorry..........

Thank you Klaus, again for your time and kindness. I KNOW what a pain in the ass this kinda stuff is. I am VERY gratefull for your work!!!

The biggest BUG that is the show stopper is it NOT saving the Screen set Under Vista 64!!!  I had to buy a new laptop and the only option was 64, I had spend about two hours on a screen set, when to save it an BOOM, it all blew up and I lost my work..........  :(

Scott

5).
fun times
« Reply #144 on: August 14, 2009, 01:57:59 PM »
Hi Scott,

I'm a bit of helpless, because of your "save" problem. I've tested on Vista 32bit, Windows 7 64 bit and couldn't reproduce your problem. Unfortunately I don't have a Vista 64bit system for testing. Did the "save" function ever work on your Vista 64bit system? Had anyone else the same problem?

Klaus

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 15, 2009, 09:28:32 AM »
I found a work around.

I set the program to run as Compatability mode of Windows Vista 32 and it is saving now.

Would you be willing to address the other issues above?

scott
fun times
« Reply #146 on: August 15, 2009, 09:35:24 AM »
Hi Scott

yes I will try

Klaus
« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2009, 08:30:56 AM »
Hi Scott,

about the multiple add issue.
To insert multiple obj at the moment(version1.24) you just keep the "ctrl" key down and place as many objects at the mouse pointer position, as long you as you keep "ctrl" key down. You mean this not very usefull and want a checkbox in the property dialog, do I understand that right?

Klaus

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2009, 10:37:05 AM »
HA!!!!!!!!

NOPE that is Exactly what I want!!!!!!!!!   I am sorry! I was unaware of the ability to hold down the Control Key, to do multiple drops where I am clicking. that is perfect!!!

You probably DID tell me/us about it, but for what ever reason, I must have missed the thread.

#2). You had said that it was a bug, and would be fixed, any idea of an ETA on the new fixed version?
#4). The ability to copy out of, and copy into Text (strings), into/outof the Parameter boxes of the objects?

Thanks,  
again,

scott
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:39:14 AM by poppabear »
fun times
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2009, 11:43:10 AM »
Hi Scott,

I'm working on it, it'll take probably another day.

Klaus