Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 05:22:39 PM

Author Topic: Screendesigner "machscreen"  (Read 122286 times)

Re: Screendesigner "machscreen"
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2009, 04:49:48 AM »
Hi all

I fixed a few bugs, changed the size limitation and implemented the storing of locked controls. Scott, if you know about the hor slider, please give me a hint.
The actual version is V1.14e. Scrolling will be next.

Klaus

The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2009, 06:55:41 AM »
Hi,

in version V1.15 I implemented the requested scrolling feature and can be downloaded from my hp.

Klaus

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2009, 09:47:01 AM »
Hey Klaus,

You will have to contact Brian about the internals of implementing a Hor. Slider since that will be up to him........

scott
fun times

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2009, 06:11:01 PM »
Klaus

The latest version is going well for me so far.

Is there a setting I can change to get label text to appear in the editor the same size as it will in Mach3?

Greg
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2009, 12:52:41 PM »
Hi

there is no way for the user to set the font size, because Mach3 is using an independent font size. In version 1.15.1 I tried to set the font size to the size Mach3 is using and I made a few cosmetic changes.

Klaus

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2009, 06:01:32 AM »
Klaus

Something is not right with the text in labels.

Following pics are of the same screen in Mach3 and in MachScreen

There is only one label on the page called "Text"

As you can see in Mach3 it fills it's box and in MachScreen it does not even sit inside the box

Greg

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2009, 07:30:21 AM »
Hi Greg,

you are right, this was a bug. The corrected version can be downloaded ( V1.15.2 ).

To get the text looking like in Mach, it is like sticking in the dust. Scott could you please give me the CreateFont - parameters for all used fonts. The API function calls Screen4 is using to draw the text and how the ratio height / width of the font is calculated?

Klaus

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2009, 07:59:31 AM »
Klaus,

I will ask Art/Brian if it is ok from me to release the scream4 source to you.
I will say it would probably be more favorable if you would allow ALL users of Mach3 free use of the screen designer you then come up with, Commericial guys,
and hobby guys.  Let me know if that is something you would agree to and I will ask them.
OR, you could ask them your self, they are pretty open to things that advance the User community power with Mach.

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2009, 08:06:54 AM »
Klaus,

I talked to Brian this AM, about your Screen, I told him it was basically a "Screen5".....hehhehehe  At any rate, he would like you to contact him via, Email (you can send to the Support site email from this website).  Tell him in your email who you are and what your doing, (links to your latest screen, or attach a zip), Tell him you are the "screen IDE guy" that scott told you about.

scott
fun times
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2009, 12:53:22 PM »
Hi everybody

Version V1.16 is available for download. I wouldn't have problems if commercial guys would use this program, as long as they don't make profit with it.
I did a few fixes and made text on buttons look like on Mach3, thanks to Brian's info. For the moment this is a final version.

Klaus