Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 02:39:51 AM

Author Topic: Screendesigner "machscreen"  (Read 122192 times)

Re: Screendesigner "machscreen"
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2009, 02:59:01 PM »
Hi

@Chris   Is the resizing in the screendesigner necessary? When loaded in mach3 and auto screen enlarge is enabled the size is set to the maximum size possible.

@Scott  in the last time I didn't have much time for machscreen.  I'm still thinking to find a solution which fits in the program structure and is easy to use. But it isn't forgotten yet.

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2009, 05:57:44 PM »
ummm global resize would be nice too... take a 1024x768 screen up to 1280x1024 for example with a simple click.. seems a feasable thing to be able to do???  maybe it can allready but i just missed that bit?

I created all my bitmaps in Photoshop at 1280x1024, but designed the screen at 1024x768. I let Mach3 enlarge it to 1280x1024 and it looks fine. I see no benefit to having the screen designer "enlarge" the screen when mach3 will already do it.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2009, 09:13:55 PM »
Thanks Klaus, those are great features you have added. I noticed if I drag select multiple items and hold down shift I can click on one and deselect. To reselect I hold down Ctrl + Shift. Ctrl + Shift will also deselect single items.

If I copy and paste an item, I get the dialog box asking which pages to paste the item in. This is nice  :) . I see that if I want to select multiple consecutive pages I just hold down shift and select first and last page number. If I want to select multiple random pages I just hold down Ctrl and select all pages I want to paste to individually. That is very slick Klaus.  :)

I too agree that global re-size isn't necessary since Mach will do that. Multi item re-size  would be nice IMO but honestly that is almost asking to be spoiled. LOL  It really is great as it is now Klaus.

I may be missing something, but the only other 6 things I can think of that would make this program as complete as I can imagine are.

1) Z level ordering (layers) which I realise Brian would need to work with you on this.

2) The ability to edit items from the overview page.  √  Done

3) The ability to either copy and paste into a spread sheet all the columns in the overview page or export as a spread sheet.  √  Done

4)You have given us the gifts of being able to sort by columns in the overview page and print. These are soooooo useful. If you could apply a filter to the sorting so that you could sort by multiple columns (like in a spread sheet) and then edit items from the list, I can't imagine how powerful that would be.

5) Horizontal Sliders

6) An editable snap to grid.

Klaus, I can't think of the words to say to show my true appreciation for what you have done already.

Thanks so much,
Brett     

« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 08:23:26 AM by Chaoticone »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2009, 02:10:00 AM »
I posted this earlier in this thread but it seems that it was either unimportant or got lost.   :)

>When editing a screen I usually have Mach3 running as well as the editor and reload the screenset often to check things I have edited.
>
>Using Screen4 this works OK but when using MachScreen, Mach3 is not able to load the graphic elements. BMPs, PNGs, etc.
>
>So I must close MachScreen before checking the layout in Mach3.
>
>This is a bit of a hassle.  Is this able to be fixed?
>
>Greg

MachScreen somehow does not let Mach have access to the graphics.   Screen4 does not do this.

Greg

Offline Chris.Botha

•  488 488
  • wine me.. dine me.. tram my mill for me...
    • View Profile
    • Digital-Jeweller
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2009, 02:41:58 AM »
ummm global resize would be nice too... take a 1024x768 screen up to 1280x1024 for example with a simple click.. seems a feasable thing to be able to do???  maybe it can allready but i just missed that bit?

I created all my bitmaps in Photoshop at 1280x1024, but designed the screen at 1024x768. I let Mach3 enlarge it to 1280x1024 and it looks fine. I see no benefit to having the screen designer "enlarge" the screen when mach3 will already do it.

oops let me rephrase

i used those numbers just because they were handy, but in fact when i full screen mach with autoscale screen option on my wide screen it stretches to width and not height, and everything looks screwy with a large white band along the bottom.. figured if i could input a nominal set of numbers and force my screen to a certain size then i could control how my screen would be "skewed" instead of mach? Similarly if i mounted a 7 inch widescreen touch panel against my machine i would have the same scaling issue.

making sense?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 02:44:33 AM by Chris.Botha »

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2009, 03:04:58 AM »
Yes I must confess to being no fan of the "auto screen enlarge" either.

However I would not expect MachScreen to fix that for me.

Better idea to design your screen at the right size in the first place.

Right at the start of a new screen design I work out exactly how much I want to allow for start bar at the bottom, resolution etc.

Because as I said I don't see the "Auto screen enlarge" as a desirable option.  Others will disagree.   ;D

Greg
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2009, 06:17:24 AM »
Hi

in Version V1.19.5 I added:

the exportation of the Info view in csv format
the bitmap-files are immediately released

the other wishes I will leave on the todo list and decide later wether to implement it or not. Unless someone discovers a heavy bug, for the next time I will concentrate on an other project.

Klaus

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2009, 09:31:56 AM »
Thanks Klaus,
    I see you added the export button at the bottom of the overview window..... thanks. I can export as a csv now.  :)  Once I exported, I have tried to open with works database, open office calc (spread sheet) and also tried to save as an xls and open with works and open office. In every case I get the same results. Columns 1 and 2 in the overview view are in coulmns. All other columns are grouped in a third column. I will keep trying but if anyone else can give it a go, let us know if you figure it out. I also noticed I can select all columns and rows in the overview now too. I tried to copy by hitting Ctrl C and then paste into a spread sheet by hitting Ctrl V to see if I could get a spread sheet that way.  

Thanks Klaus, This is great and getting better all the time.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2009, 10:57:49 AM »
Open it in Notepad and see if there's a comma between all the values. Sounds like there's only 2 commas per line?
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2009, 11:29:26 AM »
Hi

the delimiter is semicolon. I tested with office2007 and it looks OK. To me, it looks, that you have to change the delimiter settings in your spreadsheet program. I didn't use comma for delimiter, because comma is part of the strings.

Klaus
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 11:31:32 AM by Klaus1311 »