Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 02:03:53 PM

Author Topic: Screendesigner "machscreen"  (Read 122642 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Screendesigner "machscreen"
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2009, 12:54:51 PM »
Klaus,

THANK YOU Proffessor!!! For you MOST excellent Work, Let me know if you ever figure out how to do the Z level compression for bitmaps!! 

BTW: What is your "PayPal" address, I would like to send you some bucks for your efforts!!

MUCH appreciated

scott
fun times
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2009, 01:08:40 PM »
Hi

I did a test with open office calc. I opened the csv-file and selected in the text-import dialog semicolon instead of comma and it looked OK.

@Scott I'm neither a professor, nor do I want money, thank you for the offer. Your appreciation is thanks enough for me.

Klaus
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 01:10:56 PM by Klaus1311 »
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2009, 01:51:27 PM »
Thanks Klaus. If I can do anything for you or to hlep with the Machscreen, let me know. I really appreciate you clearing up the delimiter for me and all of your work.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2009, 09:44:18 AM »
Klaus,

Is there a way you can make it, where when you click to "Add" an object, that it will not appear until you click your left mouse and then it DROPS where you click the mouse??  I have run into the issue that sometimes when you add stuff they "Hide" behind things at the top and it is a pain in the but to remove this or that or move this or that to find it...... it is hard to click on them when they get around other stuff, especially the smaller things like LEDs....

Also:  I still get an occasional Crash of the IDE, on my Vista64 system........  I was adding several LEDs about 7 of them, for  screen then when I went to get them, and moved stuff so I could get to them, the screen crashed all together...

Thanks, in advance, BTW: Other than those little pestering things, the designer is really Good!!!  I have turned out TWO screens to customers with it so far, I really like where you added the XML type propeties page as well.

BTW: Can you make it where you could open up TWO instances and copy and paste from one to the other??

scott
fun times
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2009, 10:37:42 AM »
Hi

actually I wanted to do another project, but on Saturday I got stuck -> lumbago, meaning I have to move very slowly or just sit down. So for the next days I have time again for MachScreen.

@Scott I suppose you want the copy and paste feature, to get pages from one screen to another. You can do that by loading the source screen and copy one page using CTRL A, second step  load the destination screen and paste it to the page you want.

Klaus
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2009, 02:06:22 PM »
Hello again

in version V1.19.6 most of the fields in info view are now editable. You start the editing with a double click on the field you want to edit. Editing is terminated with the ENTER key, or canceled with the ESC key.
When in prog settings enabled, new added objects are inserted on the actual mouse position. Procedure: Select the object, press ADD button, place the mouse cursor to the place you want the object to be inserted and click the left mouse button.

Klaus

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2009, 03:04:14 PM »
"When in prog settings enabled, new added objects are inserted on the actual mouse position. Procedure: Select the object, press ADD button, place the mouse cursor to the place you want the object to be inserted and click the left mouse button."

"I Luv U man..........., BUT, you STILL cant have my beer!!" THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the place mouse click thing!!!

Copy/paste: I was unaware of the cnt-A for the whole page........  But, I was more thinking lets say you have two designers open, lets say designer one has a screen that has 10 objects you want, so using control key, you go through and select the 10 you want, and hit Copy (or Cnt-C). then click into the other designer, and hit Paste or Cnt-V and those objects appear.   If that is too much of a pain in the butt, dont worry about it. Since I can just copy the whole page over, I can just delete the stuff in it I dont want.

Thanks again Klaus, as usual you have gone far, far above and beyond the call of duty, and kindness..........

scott
fun times

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2009, 06:48:29 PM »
Thank you so much Klaus. I will not get to play with it for a few days I don't think but will let you know how it goes as soon as possible.

Thanks agin,
Brett

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2009, 10:23:25 PM »
Well, I just couldn't wait ;D . Klaus, being able to edit from the overview is great and adds a lot of power IMO. Be able to choose placement of objects your adding in the design view is great too.  :)

I noticed 2 things while editing from the overview page.

1) If you expand the columns by dragging them larger so you can read all the info in all columns and you select an item to edit (seems to me this is repeatable if the entire view of the overview page is lager than you cam see without scolling right) the location of the box to edit in is not right on top of existing value. It may be off the page if your working on the far right side of overview page.

2) If you set your y positions so that Y1 is a greater value than Y2 you flip the object. It is perfectly understandable why it does this though. I wonder if instead of haveing X2 and Y2 you had Height and width dimension fields? Maybe just adding those 2 fields to the overview page would be easier and better? What do the rest of you think?

Thanks Klaus, this has been the bright spot in my day..................... again. LOL

Brett

Offline Chris.Botha

•  488 488
  • wine me.. dine me.. tram my mill for me...
    • View Profile
    • Digital-Jeweller
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2009, 04:57:42 AM »
nice additions man.. that insert at mouse position is a winner :)