Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:27:55 AM

Author Topic: Screendesigner "machscreen"  (Read 121535 times)

Re: Screendesigner "machscreen"
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2009, 03:20:43 AM »
Hi all

@Scott  I will take the contolling of the max window size away.

@Gerry   did the color setting problem occur with version 1.14d?

@Greg the font isn't stored in the set file. I will set the font to the default values of Mach3, but if you change the font setting in Mach3, you have the problem again.

@Gerry problem closing without saving. I can't reproduce the problem on my machine. Can you give me more information, or your screen-set file
@Gerry I will save the lock for mouse items in a later version.

@Brett At the moment you can copy(ctrl C) and paste(ctrl v) complete pages( ctrl A) within a screenset.

At the moment, I don't have the time I'd like to have. I'm trying to get the mayor problems fixed and implement the wishes later on.

Klaus
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 03:33:57 AM by Klaus1311 »
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2009, 03:48:03 AM »
Hi Scott

issue hor slider.
You are right, the slider must be drawn from the screendesigner, as it is done for all the other ctrls, but, when the screen set is loaded into Mach3, it must be drawn by Mach3. In that case Mach3 must recognize it as a hor slider. I know only the definition letters S, D, T, B, L, H. With those I cannot define a hor slider. If there is a way to describe a hor slider, please tell me.

Klaus

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2009, 08:14:17 AM »
The code identifies it as a slider that you have posted. What I saw that Art did in his code, he looked at the code above, and that identified it as a slider, then he looked at the Hiegth to wieght relationship. If it was taller than it was wide then the first part of an IF statement would default to the Vertical Slider. if it was not wider than tall then it would default to the standard DRO.

So my thought is this, Since the code first looks to see if it is a Slider (by the above code letters), it then chooses if it is a Vertical slider. In this case you could say iif taller than wide do Vertical, and if wider than Tall it is a Horizontal.  If the code doesnt see the Slider identifider it just defaulted to the Standard DRO.

scott
fun times

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2009, 08:43:32 AM »

@Greg the font isn't stored in the set file. I will set the font to the default values of Mach3, but if you change the font setting in Mach3, you have the problem again.

Just to demonstrate what I was talking about.  Three pictures of a small segment of one of my screensets.  All the exact same segment.

1. Screen as seen in Mach3

2.  Screen as displayed in Screen4

3.  Screen as displayed in MachScreen

As you can see Screen4 replicates it accurately as it will be displayed in Mach3.

MachScreen does not replicate as it will be displayed in Mach3 so well, which makes it more difficult to get the layout looking good.

Greg

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2009, 09:07:31 AM »
Scott, what Klaus is saying is that he doesn't know if Mach3 actually will support a horizontal slider
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2009, 09:10:36 AM »

@Gerry   did the color setting problem occur with version 1.14d?

Yes. I'll do some more testing tonight to make sure i can reproduce it.

Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2009, 07:32:06 PM »
Ger,

Mach supporting a Horizontal slider is NOT the issue at all.  The Display Mach Screen, and the source for Scream 4, are the programs that decide how to display the DRO or vertical or horizontal slider.  Mach doesnt even know what the DRO is, it just sends the numbers to it. The code in Scream 4, Or in Klauses case, decides HOW to display that info.......

Art Gave me the source for scream 4, and I was relaying to Klaus how Art has the screen IDE decide on how to render the DRO.

scott
fun times
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2009, 02:49:57 AM »
Hi Scott,

I did some testing with sliders. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it doesn't  work the way you want. Mach3 must interpret the control letters in the format string, to decide wether or not move the slider bar. This movement is only  done in vertical direction. You can resize a slider to have a longer x then y extension. It won't work. In the version V1.14d  I found that placing a new slider doesn't work correctly, this will be fixed.

Klaus

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2009, 08:37:17 AM »
What I am seeing here in the code, is he looks at the slider code, and then depending on the H to W relationship of the rectangle he then assigns it a Vertical slider, vs. regular DRO. 

I will send my snippit of code to Art, to see if I can get some clairification on it, and see if there is a way to implement Horizontal sliders.  Horizontal Sliders is something that people (including me), have wanted for a long, long time.

scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2009, 03:14:18 PM »
Klaus (and others),

I did speak with Brian today, he will implement the "Horizontal Slider" in the version 4.0 release of Mach3. I spoke to Art as well, and you are right Klaus, Mach 3 does indeed Re-Implement the screen designer code.  Art said to me that the Screen designer code is also repeated in Mach3 so it can use the objects of screen designers. So, even though we can make the external Scream4 Make Dog&Pony shows, it apprears the the internals have to run that same show........   Kinda of a bummer in a way. So, my hopes where dashed that we could work around it without having to do a Mach core change.

Scream4:  I was having many troubles with Scream4, so Art had sent me the code to see if I could get things like the Menu items to work with Vista 32 and 64, as well a few other bugs like scroll wheel on the mouse.  Unfortunatly, the Screen4 is largly based on the "Ultimate Tool Kit" which will only support XP.  I did try and find and replace menu dialog items with thier Vista compatable objects. That was a NO-GO for sure. In the end it would have required a complete re-write of the screen designer to run with Vista, so I am very, very glad you have came along!!!

Scott
fun times